ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The look of the Divine Mercy

The look of the Divine Mercy

A defenceless King came to us. He influenced and was admired as unique by the greatest men in history facing his figure .
    In the Holy Gospels His ineffable eyes and look are inexplicably powerful even speechless, His figure charismatic, charming and handsome beyond any conceivable reality. The humble son of a carpenter and a suave girl from the ill-famed village of Nazareth. And yet we see Him changing everything irreversibly since then.
    He goes on changing hearts, souls and life meanings, human justice principles built on fear and harshness in new ones based on trust and mercy; He goes on intervening in our world, on our otherwise ill-fated history and politics routes, making the fundamental Death die and Hope live forever, all pouring no other blood than His and that of His martyrs who are still and increasingly under terrible violences and persecutions in so many places of the world who is losing more and more its modest human tolerance.
    I tried to convey all this in what is just a little holy picture where I would have liked to meet Him for an instant, to catch even the faintest supernatural glow of the eyes of the God's Word (Logos) that created the Universe. Consistently the paper size I used was that small.
    I reasonably think and hope that no different or atheistic or agnostic faith of anyone is disturbed looking at this image.

Imaginary. I used pencils all over, apart from the two rays emitted by His Sacred Heart following the relevant recent iconography and John Paul the II established feast of the Divine Mercy based on His last centuries apparitions and messages to the Polish nun Faustina.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Caesar; 11-18-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

The teachings of this man could change the world if we would but listen...great painting

Beautiful Caesar, it warms my heart

Oh yes, his teachings help us, just some never listens to anyone. Wonderful painting Caesar.

This is a wonderful piece, Caesar. I love seeing Inspired images.
    I know Many who call themselves Christian; there are fewer I would consider as being so.
    The teachings of Jesus are so obviously sound. If everyone who called him (her)self Christian just followed his Directives, the World would be better in an instant.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

He looks a bit sinister to me :-).... but very good message and pretty drawing.

Thank You, dear Semd74!
    His teachings did change profoundly and still changes the world from a human, phylosophical and social standpoint, but His Kingdom doesn't coincide with and end in this world and goes far beyond and deeper than good social systems settings which cannot passively stand time decadence, without our hope, faith soul, just like anything else.
    Anyway it's rather His whole life, a marvellous mix of teaching and actions, ignominious death and resurrection that are the exceeding answer to our ultimate needs and hopes, the change of perspective, that establishes God's Kingdom in the heart and souls of individuals and communities trusting Him in full. They, us, we may reflect His presence thus changing the world sharing with anyone, since our Creator wants each of us. Separations, divisions, violence, injustice, vengeance ... etc. are all tricky, destructive devilish weapons.

Thank You, dear Pat! What You just said has a far deeper and marvellous sense than we usually mean with that because life is not when our body being alive and its death may not not be our death, not even the ultimate doom of our body ....

Dear Sandra, if we were only able to see ouselves like He see us (and with that unique look we may understand from Gospels), we would understad that we really have to develop the capability to forgive other, not as a submissive act, but as the most active and necessary one, because looking at us with God's eyes, we couldn't stand the terrible vision of how we really look for, but for His love and forgiveness that wipes whateve dirtiness out and makes the likeness we got from our Holy Father shine again. One more reason for join prayers to our actions.
    Thank You!

Thank you, dear Jasmine!
    You pointed out a really fundamental point.
    Actually we don't listen to each other, not even to ourselves, but in a quite superficial way in the best cases, often with a mind full of prejudices, fears and worries .... educating to and establishing heartfelt tolerance and compassion would be a good start.
    The deepest level of wisdom though is the most special one, i.e. the ultimate intelligent, mystical and concrete form of love we can share Jesus referred too. No holy books and words, spiritual growth alone can really raise men to God, intented as the supreme entity, without a quest and a love wish that makes us rejoyce and care for people around us, anyone, and without God bending down to embrace us in the most concrete way, not by just teaching, advicing, ruling, so that me may progressively understand with our brain an feel with our best sentiments and feelings, the motivation helping us to embrace back anything as He likes.
    This may give a hope and faith stranger to no one of good will, capable to realize what we see more impossible than the famous missions of Tom Cruise!

Thank You, dear Skylar! Probably the main problem is that we have to ask for, repeat and grow in our conversion. That would make His directives, as You say, crystal clear, but also a blessing to follow. So we would separate social and political ruling from what is important to God and still get good inspirations and wisdom on the previous without perverting our religious beliefs to dominate psychologically, politically and economically on others; we would also manage our power and decisions to really serve others, not to our benefit ... and these are just two examples of too many.

Dear Kenmo, inspirational was only my wish, but I hope it would have the power to make anyone think more joyfully and feel us good individually and together in a passion we share. I would define utmost inspirational and possibly inspired, the paintings of the great Beato Angelico of a few centuries ago. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Anna! That's my fault not only as an artist, but also as a Christian and He probably was staring at me to make me realize all that and my need of mercy so that He may smile again and flood with the blessings of His love.
    In fact, when He will come to judge us (at least this is a belief that muslims too seem to share with christians) who searched for and acted according to His Mercy will be in a far better position of the ones He would judge with Justice, because they would share His terrible eyes looking themeselves without any veil and I guess that only in few and the best of cases they would get just the view of a miserable creature and life anyway in front of God, the rest would see their life movie and the horrible monsters they progressivey became.
    How do I work as a preacher?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks for your heartfelt painting and for your detailed posting here, Caesar. I appreciate a lot of what you and the others had to say. I've been studying the Book of Daniel in the Bible lately, and talking about monsters, you should read Daniel Chapter 7 which is from God's point of view how He sees things. The Babylon king had a dream in Daniel Chapter 3 seeing things from man's point of view (a noble human statue with gold head, etc.) but Chapter 7 has four great and horrible beasts (4 human kings) arising from the ocean of humanity, which from the Bible's God's point of view shows how we mangle ourselves and others, a perfect creation gone horribly wrong. And we get back towards His original creation by accepting and following what Christ did and was, which is what your painting is all about. Inspirational, indeed.

As God is the Creator and we were made in His image, we too are creative, as is plentifully shown in the good artworks shown here in the ArtRage galleries.
    Last edited by marcialsj; 11-19-2010 at 07:52 AM.