ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud Mother - Elephant

Proud Mother - Elephant

Hi,

Another painting on mothers' love. These elephants are enjoying water in a creek, used several ref. pictures, plus my memory.

When I was growing up, elephants were expensive commodity which were in demand for logging and transportation in Thailand. When my father and us moved when I was 2 years old to a town at the border of Burma and Thailand, the household goods were transported by elephants and my father traveled with the goods on an elephant's back. We, my mother and me, we flew!

In front of our house, there was a creek where every week, the people brought the elephants for bathing and palying. We kids swam as close to them as we dared and played with them. These elephants sucked in the water and sprayed at everyone within range.

Another story was told by an uncle of my mother who owned several elephants that an elephant of his had vengence mind. His memory was very good and at night my uncle let him and his friends forage and sometimes they went to forage on someone's garden or banana groves. Of course they were told not to. But this bull was very stuburn and went to forage in someone's garden and they recognized him and the uncle punished him for it by tying him with a short rope to a tree and warned him to behave.

After the punishment was over, he went to the house boat of the owner of the garden who talltled told about his behavior. A house boat was anchored by a stake on the ground. The elephant sneaked quitely when everyone in the house boat were sleeping and pull the anchor and the house floated down the river. The owner rushed outside in time to see an elephant in the moonlight raising his trunk making noises of delight.

Needless to say, he got punished again but my mother's uncle loved this elephant a lot for he was a hard worker and kept him all his life time, fighting and scolding regularly.

Used oil, knife and sticker spray, thanks to the maker of the sticker spray.

Advice and comments are appreciate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elephants - Mother and Baby.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	50355  

Very nice. I like the scene and the use of colors.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Wonderful story Jasmine, and a fine painting.
    Well done.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Good painting and wonderful colors...and thanks for the story too...

I like it too Jasmine. Beautiful colors.

Beautiful and touching Jasmine

It's always so interesting to hear Your stories and to share the emotions Your paintings immediately convey, dear Jasmine ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks so much to everyone for looking and reading my rather long writing.

Excellent & very touching!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore