ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: totally new idiot dummy needs help

totally new idiot dummy needs help

I just know the ArtRage Forum today . Many questions:
    1. do i use the normal mouse to control the tools or i have to use something else so that i can control the brushes more accurately ?
    2. how to adjust the width of the brush ?

more quetions will comming up

Thanks you for you help!
    Alan

Welcome to the forum!
    For your kind information, I use mouse only for all my Artrage work - the adjustment of tools in Artrage is so easy and whatever appears upon your right/left click would be self-explanatory and choosing the option won't be difficult. With a little practice you can be a master as most of us learned that way!
    Looking forward to see your works soon! Good iuck!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Alaneu,

Hi and welcome to the artrage forums..... a mouse is useable but a drawing tablet (Wacom) is the best way to paint with artrage.

There are many tutorials to use as well to learn from here on the forums.

We do have our own e-magazine as well to show our art in and a featured artist each month. You can get it here: www.artrageus.net

Enjoy your artrage!

Welcome to ArtRage..
    I've never used anything but a mouse for painting in ArtRage. Probably a drawing tablet would be easier, but you shouldn't feel it's necessary. It's far more important to learn how to use the tools and options.
    At the top of the Tips and Tricks forum, you will see
    a couple of lists of Tutorials from some of our more talented posters. These range from very basic to ultra advanced, and are a tremendous source of knowledge and ideas.
    Welcome, and dive in. The water's fine.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

I use a Genius Mousepen 8x6 Tablet that I got for $39.99 on Amazon. For the price, I'm very happy with it.

It has both a pen and a mouse to use on the tablet, and pressure sensitivity that adjusts your brush size. It has programmable spots on it (buttons, but not really buttons) that you can set for shortcuts. I have one set for undo and one for redo since i use those quite a bit. I forget what I set the others for since I don't use them.

Some people do well with just the mouse, but it's too hard to control for me.

I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but,
    if you click on the help button on the AR toolbar, then click on the help link, you will get the AR Manual, which does a wonderful job of explaing exactly how to use all these wonderful tools.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

click and drag your mouse inside the tool display window to change brush size or click on the size window to bring up a size pop up, or use the shortcut while painting by holding down the shift key while you drag the mouse or pen you will see the brush size change inside the window.