ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iOS 4.2 Support

iOS 4.2 Support

Are there plans and a time line for support of iOS 4.2, specifically multitasking, in ArtRage for iPad?

John the guys are sleeping across the globe, but I know they're working on it.
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

We've been testing ArtRage under iOS 4.2 and it has been working well as is. There's one small issue with the brush size preview which I'll look into.
    It has been stable with the multi-tasking aspects of iOS 4.2
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

I've been pretty impressed actually. We let Dave loose on it and he wasn't able to make it explode. We hope to submit the update for approval shortly.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Should we hold off updating to ios 4.2? I wouldn't want to loose art rage on my iPad if I upgrade over the weekend.

You should not lose any of your apps in the upgrade to 4.2, although Apple cautions to backup before any upgrade. I upgraded with no issues but it was slow. ArtRage works with multitasking but shows the app splash screen before returning you to the point where you had left off - presumably it will bypass the spash screen when ArtRage is patched to work with 4.2.

The 1.0.4 version of ArtRage is currently in review and we hope it will be approved soon. When it is available, it will bypass the splash screen when launching from a parked state using the Multitasking system. Until then, the app has to launch each time you switch back to it.

Quick edit for clarity: The splash sometimes appears for a brief moment in the new update when returning to the app (particularly if you have rotated while out of ArtRage), but that's not the app loading, it's the interface reconstructing itself behind a curtain and it lasts under a second.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

The 1.0.4 update for ArtRage for iPad has been released, details here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...d.php?p=328792
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Since the iPad 4.2 update, ArtRage Mobile is showing some pretty sluggish performance, even w/ the new update. Of course, I did a hard reset after installing, and I've closed all other apps running behind (multitasking). Even w/ basic 1024 x 768, one layer with no strokes, new layer creation and pinch-zooming seems to run like a pig.

Anyone else experiencing this?

That's peculiar, we actually saw some speed improvements here. I'll do some testing and see if I can replicate the problem here.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.