ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Streetview ArtRage Painting Gallery

Google Streetview ArtRage Painting Gallery

Google Streetview is great fun to find nice sceneries as basis for ArtRage paintings. Today I was 'Streetviewing' the Historic Route 66 and landed in a place called Afton. There is a hotel-cafe called Palmer (Streetview address: Southeast 1st, Afton, Oklahoma, USA). Most of USA's Google Streetview pictures are blurry and desperately need to be re-pictured and so the screendrop I made of this Palmer Hotel-Cafe had to be Photoshop-facelifted. Then I used the ArtRage oil brush tool to make a nice painting.

I herewith like to encourage you to make a Google Streetview painting aswell and put it in this Google Streetview ArtRage painting Gallery.

You're invited. Success!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Briex; 11-13-2010 at 03:23 AM.

Station Square Maastricht

Another Google Streetview painting in oil with ArtRage: the Stationsplein (Station Square) in Maastricht (NL) on a Summer morning. At the left the railway station buildings, at the right the Kolonel business buildings.
    Last edited by Briex; 11-17-2010 at 01:57 PM.

yeah!!
    google street view is fun! I use streetview for perspective scenarios... is cool!

P.S. great work my friend!
    //
    Stefano Fiore - Rome/Italy (Misterpaint)
    // Tablet Wacom Intuos 4 Medium- XP SP3
    // My Portfolio: http://www.stefanofiorearte.com
    // 3D Art Gallery for all artists (my web project) http://www.grifioartgallery.com

These are wonderful! I never used it before for reference. You find the coolest places to paint. It's sort of funny when you, as an artist from the Netherlands, find the romance of small town rural America and a lot of people that live here miss it or drive right by it without thinking. I think you have a great eye for for art.

Such American towns, villages, cities with straight streets (where a European could get lost), abandoned buildings, large cars, thousands of gas stations, typical American malls, huuugggeee parking places and water towers on tripods, widely spread rural and residential areas are a rare sight in Europe and are attractive to paint. I want to get the right picture. The USA is soo different, everthing is soo huge, big etc. This country is really made for cars only: distances are soo wide that walking or cycling has no sense to move yourself from town to town or even from your home to the shop in town. It's great discover the USA with Streetview and to paint it.

On the day that Prince William and Kate Middleton annouce to marry I visted London with Google Streetview, made a screen drop, changed the air to a more Autumn like scenery and painted Buckingham Palace with AR oil brush.

Btw during my childhood I visited London often together with my parents and sistes and I well remember the pale red paved road, the Mall, watching the changement of the guards. I wanted to exeggarate this AR painting by adding a road colour matching sky which makes the painting to a whole.
    Last edited by Briex; 11-17-2010 at 01:38 PM.

An oldy to share. Inspired by Google Streetview. Thorn, the little white town in Limburg (NL). Artraged in Van Gogh style: 100% oil brush.

Great work!!!! ^_^
    //
    Stefano Fiore - Rome/Italy (Misterpaint)
    // Tablet Wacom Intuos 4 Medium- XP SP3
    // My Portfolio: http://www.stefanofiorearte.com
    // 3D Art Gallery for all artists (my web project) http://www.grifioartgallery.com

Excellent!