ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World People

World People

Pencil is a quite powerful tool for sketching in really few minutes and flexible enough for different styles. I give here a little demonstration with speedy thumbnails all placed on the same sheet.
    I hope You loke this sketchy gallery and find it interesting enough to furtherly explore pencil unique contribution possibility also on Your artpieces.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldPeople.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	50238  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Dear Caesar!
    You are superb in improvisation and fast painting.
    And I would like to know, if it is possible,
    what is your computer and a tablet: a laptop or desktop, A4 or A5?
    Or just a white album sheet and a scanner?
    -I just want presented the way you do your sketches.
    Thank you.

ps. As you understand, I do not need the configuration of your computer (RAM, HDD size, size of monitor etc)
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

Dear Mike, first thank You!

Here are the requested information. my tablets are quite modest ones (I mean cheap, well under 100 ) and are as follows:
    1. Trust TB-3100 (old one), active area A5, 1024 pressure levels sensitivity. I still use it, but it doesn't work very good anymore;
    2. Trust Slimline, active area about 10% cm bigger than the previous one on both dimensions, same pressure levels;
    3. SilverCrest2000 (German manufacturer for LIDL supermarkets only, on offer a couple of weeks ago). It has two screen sizes, normal 4:3, slightly more than A5 size, and Wide (i.e. horizontally wider). You can set either sizes depending on Your screen and use a wheel (You've got two in case You use left hand) to zoom in/ out or scroll up/ down; same pressure levels.
    These sketches are small ones (thus not so precise) and were made with AR3 and tablet.
    An appropriate use of small tilt and precise pencil, for outlines, and highly tilted and higher size of the pencil (from >100% up to 500%) which gives You the possibility to lay a shadow with some gradient are the only tricks. Condsidering the gradient, if You give the stroke in the right direction and to follow the curves, as with the real pencil, You may get a starting volume effect. Useless to say that eraser is necessary, unless You are Giotto, knife not that much and chalk may be added as appropriate in case (not in here though and in the last two drawings before).
    I think I can now reproduce pretty well also a reference picture on one layer this way, monochrome for sure and color two, probably.

Pretty good thes people are. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Here are the requested information.
    Thank you, Caesar! I'm glad that you have no secrets from colleagues (or anyone they want to be).
    I think in [for?]my answer.
    facebook, B, tumblr

Thank You, dear Jasmine! The catalogue of types is far from complete and the world and different people such an interesting subject ....

You're welcome, dear Mike. I've no secret because I cannot stay in any definite strict procedure as far as it becomes complex and boring and You have to take too much care managing resources of any kind. I discovered anyway, for each tool, some settings and rough approach that fits me better and require much less changes and distraction from painting.
    This is why I really have little to teach in a tutorial, whilst I try to learn from any tutorial even when I then do not apply that lesson.

Dear Caesar!
    Everything you write is clear to me.
    I just wanted to visualize the scene in which you pishirte his canvases.
    I still think so.
    facebook, B, tumblr

Mike, I don't know if this may be of further help.
    I made a partial imaginary drawing where I used some effects and the relevant settings with more colors to better show.
    I attach it here in two versions. The second one is just a copy I blended with Multiply to show darker and neater traits. I hope it's clear enough ....

Name:	TutorialImage.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	50250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TutorialImage2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	50251  

Caesar you have a real gift for expressing the human form!!

Thank You, dear Steve! .. and here's an about 5 minutes rough Mike's Sketch (no tracing, measures etc., just a review of the Avatar).
    It can obviously be made far better both as portrait and caricature, but just to demostrate the pencil ...

Name:	Mike.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	50253