ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An imaginary guy

An imaginary guy

Just a quick drawing out of my mind of a character. No measures taken or reference used. Pencil at fixed color and tone with pressure, size and tilt setting change only.
    It was a speed excercise and I didn't try to correct or improve on the first sketch. I hope You may like it the same ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Detective Drawing.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	235.0 KB 
ID:	50198  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

If done, as you say, without no ref... it is kind of a masterpiece by itself. I like how you handled every pencil move with simplicity and confidence...handsome guy handsomely drawn.:-)

Dear Caesar, it is always amazing to see your work and even more amazing to know that it is from your mind. Transferring an image from the mind into reality is one of the most challenging tasks for an artist and you my friend are exceptional at it!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Excellent! Very cool, I liked it.
    I liked the details such as: tie, hat and pose
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

Excellently drawn Cesare as always your figure work is so good
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Pencil drawing, that's where I've built some skill since I was a kid, dear Anna. Thank You for Your appreciation!
    The pencil in AR3 is a nice tool and shows interesting features so that, even not being real pencil, it helps You anyway to define and shade quickly anything.
    Obviously You need a level of expertise or practice if You don't want to make recourse to references. When I start from references I can usually draw better too, at least in terms of realism and details, but You cannot find references for anything You may wish to draw or paint .....

I know, dear Sketch, and praise God for this. Anyway there are artists in here I admire very much for having both that talent You say and skills, approach, planning and patience to make the illustration become and look deeply "true" down to the least detail. I think You're among them. Thank You!

Dear Mike, the hat and the pose were the rough idea I saw mentally and I started from, the rest was built with a little of experience I have drawing and observation, once the shape was on, what each subsequent tilted trait progressively suggested me to progress. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! I've recently found a list of comics editors and I was fancying about being a free-lancer working for some of them as a second job ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Tremendous sketch Caesare... Impressive work.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Very well done, I like the folds of his clothing.