ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeing the Lights - Cavern

Seeing the Lights - Cavern

Hi,

This is a cavern in North Thailand. Used a picture for reference, done in oil, airbrush, knife.

Many caverns in Thailand were used by monks for meditation and in many, there are Budda Images. Fascinating for me how these monks can live amongst tigers and other dangeruous things like snakes.

I have done a few trips in caverns and nothing is like seeing the lights to go outside to the regular world again, I can't imagine living in a cavern.

As usual, any comments and advice are appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another instructive and luminous depiction!

It's curious how many similarities exist once again between what You narrate and my country history and my mountain region in particular. There where many caves, some now little rocky sanctuaties and hermitages, where hermit monks and saints retired alone to pray and contemplate.
    One of them, Pietro da Morrone, became Pope, Celestino V, the 192nd successor of Saint Peter. We're in the Middle Age and is cited also by Dante in his Divine Comedy, not positively however, and he was the only Pontiff to retire from that charge in almost two millennia, as a too heavy and mundane task, especially in consideration of the excessively hard and engaging political implication of being a Pope in those hard times that didn't allow him to answer the spiritual needs of the believers down to the most humble people.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very fine job Jasmine. Love the way you have the outside light washing in. Very realistic effect.
    I like exploring caves, but like you, I wouldn't want to live in one.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Very interesting, Jasmine,nice painting.

Another very nice painting Jasmine
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanks to you all.

Caesar, people are just the same across the world. In Buddism, the nature is very important, the teachings teach the people to live with the nature in harmony and take care of nature.

Again, thanks to everyone.

Caves have always been a fascination of mine. You have captured a great atmosphere in this...cool, damp, and mysterious...ready to explore. Well done!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Thanks so much Sketch. With my knees problem, I have come to an age that caverns, unless most routes are flats, are getting to be off limit to me. Had a chance going on one in the Southern France, natural cavern but it was used to age the cheese, simply wonderful how we can use what nature gives us without exploiting.

Thanks again.

Very good painting...sometimes I would like to live in a cave

an interesting and lovely painting Jasmine