ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: dodge & burn tools and blending modes

dodge & burn tools and blending modes

I'm in love with ArtRage for iPad since I found it a few weeks ago. Prior to that I was jumping back and forth between Brushes and Sketchbook Pro (with a little ArtStudio and Inspire Pro in there as well.) The latest update made it much more responsive and the color sampler is now in a great spot.

Suggestions: I hope these aren't repeats or even worse, in the app and I haven't found them yet!

Layer Blending modes are key for the way I work. I've been using ArtStudio to finish up and put final photoshop-ish tweaks to ArtRage paintings because it supports filters and blending modes. At the very least, multiply, screen, overlay, and softlight.

Dodge and burn tools! I know they are photo tools, but they would be great!

Thanks for all the hard work.

Layers have lots of blend modes already
    Hit the layers button and the blend mode for the selected layer is at the top of the panel, hit that to change it.

... and the airbrush tool has blend modes available as well. So you can use it as a dodge or burn tool.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by beridane View Post
    Layers have lots of blend modes already
    Hit the layers button and the blend mode for the selected layer is at the top of the panel, hit that to change it.
    Ah! Right next to the large type that says BLEND MODE!
    I was looking in the menu and never looked to the top of the panel. If it was a snake...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    ... and the airbrush tool has blend modes available as well. So you can use it as a dodge or burn tool.

Sweet! Honestly the airbrush tool has found itself being largely ignored because I'm having too much fun with the oil and watercolor paints. Looking at the settings it's a lot more versatile than I gave it initial credit for.

Thanks to both of you!

The rabbit hole goes waaay deep.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"