ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Ability to navigate and change size of layers.

Ability to navigate and change size of layers.

I've been learning how to import images onto separate layers and create images of multi layer combinations from first loading as tracing image and then converting to a separate layer. I cannot seem to find a way to adjust the images on separate layers or navigate them around for placement.
    Now this might be an expensive addition to the program and cause a significant price increase. This would be a nice feature for me considering the way I work with art rage. I have a tendency to create objects in a lot of different files over time, and then combine certain objects together for a composition. I then proceed to either adjust opacity of the layers and drop where necessary leaning to the palette tool for some blending, or I will erase certain areas of one layer so that other areas appear through the erased hole to get the composition of objects unified into one piece and then drop layers and attend to blending and smoothing adjustments. Sometimes the images I import are not the same size or need movement on the canvas to a location other than where it appears automatically by importing through tracing paper and then converting to separate layer. It would be a nice feature having the ability to take layers and adjust the size and navigate that one layer around the canvas. Of course this may be something that is not practical without a significant price increase. I'm sure that attending to one user is not as important than hundreds of users that prefer to keep the price low and affordable.
    On the other hand if no problem or added cost this would be my suggestion.
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Hi Stephen,
    Layer transformations are something we're considering for a later release of ArtRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Asking for an official update on the original comment made here.
    Have been wondering about this also
    Thanks

Didn't we get layer transformations into ArtRage 2.5?
    Well anyway, they're even easier, better and more wonderful in ArtRage Studio and ArtRage Studio Pro.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

There are layer transforms in AR2.5. I found them by accident and have been playing with them. How much else is hidden in here?

In ArtRage 2.5: Right click on a layer thumbnail, select 'Transform Layer Contents'. You can pan the contents around, scale it and rotate it. The arrow at the right of the toolbar allows you to bring up a menu to flip the layer contents horizontally and vertically. 'Moving Scaling and Rotating Layers' in the ArtRage Manual ( Help -> ArtRage Manual ) has a little more detail on this.

ArtRage Studio / Studio Pro have selections and a transform tool which allow you to freely manipulate layer content, entire layers and so on.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Apologies, & thanks for elaborating on whats already there

I do believe what you want has been done in AR3 Studio Pro. I can import a picture to a layer, transform it and move it anywhere I want on my canvas without going into screen like in 2.5.

I can also transform all my layers at one time without having to put all my layers in groups.

ArtRage 3 is the best!

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne