ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pin Oak Pains

Pin Oak Pains

Hello Dear ArtRagers,,, checking in to say HEY!!!, been getting ready for the Holidays and had to take a break,,,,,, wanted to see if i could remember how to make a sticker spray, well , had to refer to my notes, duh!!! anyway , did this quickie,, the pin oak in our back yard is a real pain, actually belongs to both of us neighbors,,, so we could probably cut it down, half of it anyway! it is a dirty tree all year,,, goofy pollen crap all over the place and half the leaves don't come off till spring, three messes a year, even a hard frost won't knock off the leaves,,, dirty dirty tree, the only saving grace is the birds and squirrels love it, acorns are cool!!!! so take it easy!!! xox
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dear Lee, this image is so lovely to me!
    I had three oaks as high as the third (and last) floor of the house where I lived as a little kid, just on the wide sidewalk where we used to play races with bottle metallic caps on a chalk drawn circuit. They were "dressed" with circular colored pieces of cards with colors and numbers of the then bike's champs. There was also the pink one to be dressed by the winner of this fantasy Italian Tour (Giro d'Italia) bike race, a sort championship made of various legs as the corresponding to the Tour de France or the Vuelta d'Espagna.
    In summer the oaks were full of noisy cicalae and other interesting insects. Some of us dared to climb them up to the top.
    Naturally it was a period of great bliss for me, so I love oaks in particular.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very nice work. Good work with those leaves..
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Indeed a cool eye candy! Happy vacation!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Oh Lee, I love oaks too. What a lovely painting. They may be a pain, but they are so beautiful and deep rooted, and strong.

Dear Caesar, Thank You for the dear story and sweet memories!!! the oak was full of activity this morning, many birds and squirrrels and chipmonks, yes, your noisy cicadas all summer till fall, guess in God's great design the oak will be a refuge till spring like the evergreens, the rake is ready,,

Dear Barnburner, Thank You so much! great tutorial's and notes sure helped!!!

Deara Wenkat, Thank You so much! the holidays are comming so fast, the days are already so short, dark at 5:00, happy holidays to you too!

Dear Kenmo, Thank You very much! you are doing such wonderful work here, keep it up!!!

Dear Alexandra, Thank You very much!! yes you are right! you have a lovely outlook!!!