ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a YouTube showing only Studio Pro stuff?

Is there a YouTube showing only Studio Pro stuff?

I've seen the chart listing the different version features, but it's all Greek to me.

Does anyone know if there is a video which demonstrates the features of AR Pro 3 that are not in Studio 3?

thanks

No there is not really a video of such, but I hope I can help by letting you know the things I would miss if I only had studio instead of studio pro.

1. The blur feature on the paletter knife is wonderful for blending. The wet blenders are so cool.
    2. Being able to set the opacity and blending modes of the airbrush and inking pen and the gloop tool is priceless!
    3. The polygon selection tool...and the magic wand selection tool. I use them a lot!
    4. being able to preserve transparency on a layer is so valuable. like in Photoshop!
    5. being able to make your own stickers and sticker brushes is the biggie for me. I can't imagine not having that ability to make my own brushes.

I hope this helped you. All these features and more are in Studio Pro and not in Studio. In fact Pro really makes leaps in doing things Photoshop can do.

Oh one more thing. real color blending is only available in Studio Pro. where blue plus yellow equals green instead of gray.

Yes, your list of best features is helpful.

Somethings are a little vague for me -- I'm not sure I get the blending mode of an airbrush. I thought an airbrush puts minute amounts if you want, isn't that the blending? A feature specific demo might be nice.

But I thought colors did blend correctly? I've got 2.5 now. If I "upgrade" to studio would I lose color blending?

When I get time, I might peruse the youtube videos looking for these specific things.

runningbull, Real Color Blending is only for Studio Pro owners, if you talk about that

By the way, it's a very good idea to make some kind of promotional video which highlights features that ArtRage presents
    I think it would be a great presentation for those who are interested in buying AR but in doubt or those who never heard of it

Quote Originally Posted by runningbull View Post
    Yes, your list of best features is helpful.

Somethings are a little vague for me -- I'm not sure I get the blending mode of an airbrush. I thought an airbrush puts minute amounts if you want, isn't that the blending? A feature specific demo might be nice.

But I thought colors did blend correctly? I've got 2.5 now. If I "upgrade" to studio would I lose color blending?

There's nothing in AR 2.5 that isn't in ARS or ARSP. Upgrading only serves to add features, not take them away.

The term "Blend" can be used to describe a few different things in ArtRage. You have tools that "blend" color by pushing and mixing paint. There's also the "bump blend mode" that changes how the paint thickness of one layer relates to layers beneath it. Then there is the "Blend Mode" that sets different effects for particular layers, which changes how the colors on that layer are appear over the colors beneath it (for the most part, as dissolve is more of a physical change). Finally, you also have tools, such as the AirBrush, that can use the same type of blending styles that the Blend Mode allows for layers, only it reacts independently from that feature. So you could change the blend mode for the airbrush to use "Multiply", but then use it on a layer that's set to use a "Color Dodge" Blend Mode. Why would you do that? I haven't the foggiest, to be honest... When I'm looking to use this sort of blending change, I go with the full layer change.

As for a video showing all of the different features... If one were to really go into what the features do, it would be a pretty long video. There's tons of little odds and ends, that when used properly, makes a huge difference in what one can do with the program.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    As for a video showing all of the different features... If one were to really go into what the features do, it would be a pretty long video. There's tons of little odds and ends, that when used properly, makes a huge difference in what one can do with the program.
    Not all maybe...
    One video for AR2, one for AR3S, one for AR3SP
    And each the next shall cover the features that a previous didn't
    For example, AR2 vid shows it's tools, stencils, grans, tracing, AR3S shows new tools, new features like presets, tool settings, and, finally, AR3SP shows sticker creation, adjusting colors, Blend modes and opacity controls for Airbrush/Ink Pen, and other features
    Every video should be quick, without any voice (only text for each tool/feature), and about 5-15 seconds to show each of them
    Music should be interesting and catching, so the viewer couldn't resist watching it all
    And so on, and so on...

It's not a bad idea to have art tutorials, but on the other hand, it is also not a bad idea to learn the program on your own.
    You have some responsibility for learning also.
    I think you would find you would be able to learn this too. It is not as hard as it looks really it isn't. It can be learned with a little of your own experimentation too. Many people understand blending modes from using Photoshop or from being photographers. Dodging is a means of overexposing an area with light. Burning is underexposing or making areas darker. The best was to learn blending modes is to experiment with them . In software programs they are either tools or they are blending modes assigned to the layers. Just by experimenting you will learn what to do. There are tons of helpful photoshop videos out there to learn what the tools do and they are many of the same tools you will find in artrage. Selection tools in artrage are pretty close to the same as selection tools in Photoshop. If you get the lower versions instead of studio pro you do not get a magic wand tool for selection or a polygonal selection tool. You will eventually want these as you learn more. The very best place to start is to read the free user's manual for artrage which explains the tools. Have you done that? It is amazingly easy to understand the manual and they put a lot of work into making it very clear and easy to understand. As your experience grows with painting software, so will your desire for the better features of the more deluxe program. For now you can still enjoy painting with ar 2.6. If you want to learn more about studio pro
    you are really going to have to look under the hood.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 11-10-2010 at 09:24 PM.

All responses have been helpful. I've got a better idea and it sounds to me like the newer versions have things I don't need or are over my head. I guess the color blend that I can do now is different then the newer stuff.

As a potential buyer, there isn't a responsibility to learn a program that you haven't purchased. My inquiry was because I have 2.5 and because upgrade cost to studio or pro is high enough to not be automatic. I already have about $50 into the Deluxe version, and another $25 or $65 is a lot just to upgrade.

The only thing I know about photoshop, is that it's over $500. I don't want to know any more about it.

This is just my opinion ... There are lots of different users. People who get paid for art, and others like me. The youtube videos are the reason I bought 2.5 in the first place. If the target audience is only upgrades to current users & experts, then don't bother. If they want to sell to new customers, the better ArtRage can explain what they've got the more buyers.

Like some other software, it's funny that the product forum can be one of the best features.

Thanks again to all.

runningbull,
    I'm not sure why you've spent $50.00 already. I thought artrage 2.5 is only 25.00 and the upgrade to 2.6 is free?? you are absolutely right though there is no reason you can't keep enjoying 2.5 and the upgrade to 2.6 is free I think. I wish I had the capability to make a movie for you... it's not really hard to do. My computer is just not compatible with screen capture programs.
    sorry.

hey,

maybe these vids can help to get an insight in the pro version:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JudithTramayne#g/u
    she explane every tool, if you download the demo version you can compare with the vids what she has more than the demo version

google is my best friend!! when I need something, google looks for it!

there are alot vids to find on google-video, like the channel of "Someonesane":
    http://www.youtube.com/user/someonesane#g/u
    then type Artrage in the upload search and you get only the artrage vids
    again a BIG thanks you to Someonesane for making these vids

hope that helps finding your answers