ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving West - Chapter 11

Moving West - Chapter 11

Thanks to Sandra for allowing me to borrow and deteriorate her pic for the mother in the vision..

For most of her life, Mariska had heard a few members of the tribe talk about having a "vision". She never quite knew whether to take the stories seriously or not. Never had she experienced one...until tonight.
    With a small fire reflecting heat off the wall of her Father's lodge taking away the chill, Mariska slept soundly. Then, sometime in the early morning, she sensed, more than saw or heard, her Mother coming to her in a vision. “Mariska, Mariska, You are in great danger. The men that killed me and took you prisoner, are coming back to capture you again. These men are horribly angry that you made them look foolish by escaping, and spoiling their horrible plans for you. They intend to hide and wait for a moment when you will be unprotected. It is then they will make their move. You must tell your father, and let him take steps to stop them. My daughter, these are truly evil men. You must not be taken again. You must not..You must not..” and then she was gone.
    When the sun came up that morning, Mariska told Sean her story. Quickly, they went straight to her father, and passed it along to him. Looking hard into Tiganche's eyes, Sean said,

I do not know if she had a vision or a dream, but we cannot take a chance. Until we know for sure what we are dealing with, you can't afford to pull warriors off hunting.
    Winter is almost here, and we need a lot more meat. I am the one that can best be spared. They will almost certainly come down the north trail. I will find a good spot and ambush them. If there are only the two men, I can take one of them out before they even know I'm there, then I will have a good chance to kill
    the other one. Just in case, why don't you send someone to
    watch the south trail? If they do come that way, he can warn the village, and you can take a few warriors and get them before they can get here. Should I not return in four days, you will
    know I have failed, and you can then send your warriors to track them down and kill them. Mariska must never be threatened by them again."
    Quickly Sean gathered what he needed, and started out the door of the lodge, only to find it blocked by Mariska..
    "I will not ask you to not go, because I know I cannot not stop you", said Mariska as they looked into each other's eyes. “ Just be very careful, and come back." With a touch of humor in her voice, Mariska said, "My father grows weary of my company in his lodge, and wishes me to have a husband. If you don't come back, I will have to go to Little Wolf... So unless you want that – make sure you return”.
    Flashing a grin, and kissing her quickly, Sean starts at a trot towards the North Trail, trying his best to push Mariska out of his mind. "For what I have to do, anything less than a clear mind could be fatal, and I'll be damned if I'm going to help Little Wolf!"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mariska's Vision.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	50104  
    Last edited by barnburner; 12-15-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

I am loving your story Mike.....I just have one crit though. Fade that ugly face in the background out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    I am loving your story Mike.....I just have one crit though. Fade that ugly face in the background out a bit.
    Well, if I fade that beautiful face out a bit, then you will have to reduce your modeling fee accordingly...

I'm so glad you are enjoying the story. I truly appreciate it.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

So the plot is thickennig and i must say, i have not noticed the face in the background, but recognised it in dreaming Mariska...in the main picture.
    Good writing, Barney!

Barnburner great job, personally when I'm reading this in my head sounds like the voice of Orson Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by AT-TA View Post
    So the plot is thickennig and i must say, i have not noticed the face in the background, but recognised it in dreaming Mariska...in the main picture.
    Good writing, Barney!
    Thanks AT... I appreciate it very much.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

Quote Originally Posted by javier View Post
    Barnburner great job, personally when I'm reading this in my head sounds like the voice of Orson Wells.
    LOL...well... I've put on a few pounds, but thankfully,
    not in the Orson Wells class (yet)...
    Javier, thank you for the very kind comments. Truly appreciated.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

This story just gets better and better Barnburner. Love the painting and how wonderful to see Alexandra there. Its a great painting
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Sean plan looks quite risky. Which training does he have to be sure to easily neutralize two bandits?
    Your sleeping figure drawing is really good here and Sandra is perfect as a Mohegan too (although she's from another tribe).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    This story just gets better and better Barnburner. Love the painting and how wonderful to see Alexandra there. Its a great painting
    Thank you so much Coops.. I appreciate you kind comments very much.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery: