ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portrait # 12 - Ahka Hill Tribe Girl

Portrait # 12 - Ahka Hill Tribe Girl

Hi,

Another child of a hill tribe in Asia, the Ahka. I always love this tribes' head dress on females. They are so colorful and no twos are ever alike.

This is done in oil, knife and airbrush and sticker sprays to make the headress balls, thanks to the people who made them. Ref. picture from a magazine.

The histroy stated that this tribe came from the North of China and have been living in the Northern part of Thailand since the 20th century. Their residence are in the high mountains. Many came down but never really assimilate well in the Thai society. As written before, these people are one of the tribes that got helped from projects initiated by the King and his mother and they do now have the Thai citizenship.

Please feel free to give advice and comments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Portrait # 12 - Ahka Girl.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	50087  

Wonderful painting...great job and very vibrant colors

Very interesting story Jasmine, and your portrait is really well done.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Yes, I agree, the colors are vibrant. As far as advice I would like to see more contrast on the face and hands.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Another interesting ethnical story. I wonder which was the reason to migrate where they live now (not that close to their original places I understand).
    The colorful hat is a big attraction for sure and competes with the sweet face traits in this lovely image.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very nice piece of art!

Thanks to all of you.

For answering to Caesar. The people moved for better place, for peace, and they do have peace in Northern Thailand.

The current ethnic group who are very desperate now in Mayanmar is Karen. These people were promised a land of their own before they joined the Burmese to kick out the British. Once the freedom was won, the government never did what they promised for their parts of lands are full of rubies, so they became anti-government. Just 2 days ago, the Karen used weapons agaisnt the government for over a few nillions of them, they were excluded from vote (not that the vote is fair, military group always win).

Thai government have to watch certain groups of Karens for a few years ago, they stormed into a Thai hospital, kept doctors and nurses as hostages to demand certain things from the Mayamar Goverment. What a lost cause, why should the Mayanmar gov. do anything when the hostages were Thais in Thailand? Pissed the Thai authority so much that they stormed there and killed all the Karens. That left a bad taste in many Thais mouths who fed and employed these people, sad really!

Sad how people can not share and want to take advantage of others. The Karens I met in Thailand had no education, most of them don't even know why they are fighting against the Burmese in the first place.

May we have peace around the World!

Cheers!

Thanks Alexandra.

Beautiful Jasmine, such a wonderful job on her headpiece, it actually looks like fur