ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: iPad intro to ArtRage

Smile iPad intro to ArtRage

Hi, I don't have an iPad (yet), but I just wanted to share that's how I became aware of this incredible software!! I usually work in traditional media, but use photoshop to draw & color occasionally, usually in a flat, cartoon-cell style. I gave up trying to paint in Photoshop a long time ago, and simply used it for value studies, etc.

I just had an artist friend show me his iPad, and he had several drawing apps, but ArtRage blew my mind. I had never heard of this software before, and it was part of what sold me on the iPad! When I later looked for it online, I discovered there was a desktop version, and was stunned by how incredible the paint looks. I downloaded the demo last night, and I am purchasing for sure. The iPad will be coming along soon I hope (along with a chance to make plein air paintings in places I never dreamed), but in the meantime I am thrilled to pieces with the software!! Thank you!!

wow how cool... well welcome Rikki to this place where we all LOVE the app and desktop version. It's a friendly place.... Can't wait to see what you do with it!
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

hi Rikki,

Plein aire is a little tricky. the iPad is very reflective if you're in the sun. Artrage is a great program and if you find a serious problem, you actually get an answer from one of the three guys who are Ambient Software.

Just like Adobe, Microsoft, Apple.

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

I've got my full version, I couldn't wait any longer!

Thanks for the tip on plein air! I'll keep that in mind. I think there are a lot of great indoor applications for it, like museum copies, etc. I can't wait to try it on an iPad!

Plein Air Art Raging

Sure the iPad makes for difficulties in bright daylight but it does have one great advantage for outdoor work - it is great for doing night scenes. The lights of the city are beautiful but with traditional media it is hard to see the sketchbook after dark and watercolor takes forever to dry in the night air. The iPad has opened up a whole new avenue of expression.