ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE WEEK THAT WAS - Nov 1-7

THE WEEK THAT WAS - Nov 1-7

This is the NEW THREAD for the week ending Saturday, Nov6th.
    Please share impressions from your week, a piece that might be special to the timeframe, Something you're still working on, or maybe share random thoughts for the week. Whatever, just remember the thread is for sharing something that pertains to the past week.
    Looking forward to seeing what pops up...

This is a piece I just started, about an hr's worth of work - and it needs many more!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by L Skylar Brown; 11-11-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Mags - What Exciting News! This is going to be such an adventure for you. Keep us up on it, I think everyone loves to know family histories.
    And - Thanks for participatig in this thread!!!

Skylar, looking good, waiting for the finish

Magen, great idea (I just might borrow this idea ), and I know the feeling well, after 10 years of searching I finally found the birth place of my maternal ggparents in Ireland ,

this one has been on my comp for awhile and will be another while before I'm finished LOL, it's my son many many years ago.

Nov 5th was Guy Fawkes Night also know as bonfire night or fireworks night so there were lots of bangs in the skies with wonderful colours. I sat inside and watched from the comfort of my cosy chair.
    (this was done with a kinda take on Peters tut that then went a way of its own lol)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bomfire night.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	50072  
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Cool stuff.

Feel free to use that as a template if you want. It's a great start, I think it's about 6 generations or so.

I want to get it printed on some fancy paper and framed when I get done.

I'll be watching this!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Out of the window scene...

Nice pictures all of you and very good thread.

I was thinking what to paint in the short time and not beeing on my laptop but the desktop....do not have my programs here so i went to the good free,basic artrage and painted this little scene.... the trees are originals i am seeeing out of my window and that squirell is an original also... see her dayly carying the combs in her paws... so i made up a little scene to make it more interesting... without ref... cannot see the trees now when on the comp... but how could i forget those beautiful colors.It took me about one hour and half... hope you will like this... i enjoyed painting it so much...

Jean - Very good, so far. Don't feel too bad about how long it's taking, I recently finished a piece of my nephew on the pee-wee soccer field (He is grown now, and they are expecting their second child).
    Coops - Tho I've heard of Guy Fawkes, I wasn't aware of how big the "Holiday" was. I like the image - very expressive.
    Mage - I'm sure it will be "borrowed" more than once.
    Jibes - Watching is good, participating is better!
    AT - That little free program is what I started with. By the second Day, I bought the full one. What a Great scene (Is it plein air if you're indoors?! - joke)

I think it could be called "plain aire" if painted sitting by the window... but this is not plainaire definitely, because i do not have comp by that window and so i just remembered what i have seen a while ago. Interesting exercise, to paint what you have seen a short while ago...
    Thanks for commenting, Skylar.

At-Ta - It's amazing how our memory can edit, even in the short term. You did a heck of a job - just recalling the image!