ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: still life with grapefruit

still life with grapefruit

The theme must be still life tonight funny how those cycles come around. I was playing with oil brushes and thinner and these fruits and veggie just came out of nowhere... well my brain I guess. so I went with it. Then I brought out some sticker brushes and painted over the fruit sketched with thin oil. Along the way I relocated some fruit pieces with the handy lasso and polygonal selection tools. No reference... I think I should probably look for a grapefruit picture online and then I may have to adjust it for more accuracy, but for now it is what it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	still-life-with-grapefruit.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	479.5 KB 
ID:	49998  
    Last edited by screenpainter; 11-07-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Wowww.... this is awsome, Gz... see... when we do not have any refs... we just unleash every grain of inspiration and fantasy with a grain of reality... and these kind of pieces are born... wonderful palette and i love the rake pen or brush whatever it is.... and fruit ...oh...nothing is boring and dry... juice of the fruit is just oozing out from the brushes....clapping... hopping... screaming... yeah...i am a good girl...so they say...love this into pieces...looks so classical media like awwwwwwwsome ,Gz.

Yeah, i was kind of wandering what those blue sticks were...i thought maybe your brushes got painted into the pic also/imaginary/ i just love this piece, the combinations of colors are awsome and hues wonderful...they got me kind of hyper here...hihihihi...you must paint more often Gz, you are depriving us of candies...

thanks AT-TA! much appreciated. It was strange... I didn't know I even knew what fruit somewhat looked like but I must have some inner vision of it from experience I guess. those are supposed to be chopsticks...darn I was hoping they looked that way. Now you may ask why I put in chopsticks... I have no idea. perhaps it is Asian grapefruit.

I have a few new brushes I made. One that I used was an old one I made called crosshatch. The other is a new brush I made called loaded scattered I think. I think you will love some of my new painting brushes. would you like to play with them?

oops sorry I accidentally deleted my first comment.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 11-06-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Very nice painting...the colors just jump out at you...:-)

very nice indeed !
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

domo arigato gozaimasu! much appreciated semd!
    thanks Hanzz!!!

Absolutely beautiful! I'm going to go get my juicer...

Wow dear Albert what a brilliant painting. I am with Al, off to the juicer but I wont take your fruit its too beautifully painted
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Outstanding work sir... Just looking at the sliced open grapefruit has me looking for some sugar to take the bitterness out....
    Well done!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery: