ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: cannot open update AR3.7 to8

cannot open update AR3.7 to8

I am having trouble opening my update file, I have it downloaded, went into my documents but file will not open so I can install it, have tried several times, can anyone help, should I uninstall my AR3 pro and do a new installation, appreciate your reply....thankyou

Double clicking on the downloaded file should auto-start the installation. If not, then the file may have been corrupted during the download process. I'd suggest downloading the file again, and then trying to install it once more, just to be sure it's not corrupted.

(Side Note: When I installed it, I installed it directly over my older version of AR)
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

It's just a possibility: try right click on the file and choose 'run as admin'. Sometimes Win7 stops people from running a certain programs like that.

Or check if your file has an extension a the end (should be an .exe file I suppose) 'cause sometimes Mac downloads things without extension.

Thankyou both for your reply, I finally got it, I turned off my firewall, and downloaded it again and it worked this time, now back to painting