ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: file not recognised (after crash)

Gallery
    View images

file not recognised (after crash)

Hi,

Got a problem,

WinXP hung while i was working on a previously saved image, so I had to reset. When I tried to open the file again after restarting my PC, AR2 gave me the messge "The file be accessed is invalid"

can anyone of the AR team do some magic & get the fie working for me?

also, why would the file not open again (even though my pc crashed, i hadn't actually added anything to the image or saved it (as it crashed before saving any new details) so it should still open, yes?

cheers.

Gallery
    View images
    You're correct - the file should have been changed while you were working if you weren't actively saving at the time of the crash.
    If the file's not too big I could take a look at it - see if we can rescue anything for you.
    You could also try deleting your ArtRage.prs file, found in:
    Documents and Settings\<your name>\Application Data\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2
    And double-check you're opening the painting file with the same version (or later) of ArtRage you used to create it.

But XP shouldn't be hanging either. With a hang, and a file corruption, you could well have a hardware problem - hard disk or maybe motherboard.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    I deleted the prs file, still no luck tho' so i'll make sure the file isnt too big and mail it to you and see what can do but dont worry if cant be rescued.
    Thanks.

One other question, when AR2 tries to update, and whether or not it finds an update, AR resets my choice of cursor from precise to the default (big circle thing) I have to go back into options and set it back to precise.
    Is that just happening to me?

oh, and xp probably crashed because i only have a gig of memory (once it was a dream just to have that amount, now its no longer enough!)

And i also probably had a few webpages open as well as mediaplayer.

(although i also have a 2nd HD which doesn't have AR2 installed but that does fail now and again, used to make a sort of whistling noise at one time, bad sectors?)

thanks again.