ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony.

Tony.

Work done in the first, at the time free, Art Rage program.

This is another budding artist, admirer of Van Gogh.

Oh, i wish, this laptop would have bigger screen as the desktop has got. Oh well..hope you'll enjoy.:-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Annie, this looks GREAT, love the brushstrokes and colour... but who's Tony

Wonderfully done AT...
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

It is pleasant to me!
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

Amazing painting! Love the expression on his face.

Beautiful portrait AT, handsome guy

7. Beautiful use of colour. I don't know if it's a good likeness, but you've certainly captured a lot of personality in this piece.

Thank you all who commented so kindly on this work. Every word here is very much appreciated.

Tony, Jeanie, used to be my painting buddy in the european painting group. He loves Van Gogh, copied prehaps each of his pictures...so unusual for a young men in these times.. and he was very much picked on by his buddies because of it...i liked his healthy attitude towards life.. so i supported him a lot with positive comments.... he is still painting and added photographing to his many hobbies also. A lot of potential in this young men and this straight attitude towards life always blesses my little heart....

Yes, the likness is very good here, but i lost the ref photo... so cannot post it here. Btw. this was one of my first portraits also.... done in AR for freee... which i love still a lot.

You did an excellent work on this portrait, dear Anna.
    I'm always pleased to know that top level art is still a great universal language, also across generations. I must say though that I don't find his attraction for Van Gogh that unusual.
    After all this master is still very much popular and he's seen as the prototype of the supreme painting vocation, at least in this last century, (as well as the British auctions' superstar ...)
    I just hope that he won't share Van Gogh's vision of life and his despair, only his artistic sensitivity and his original mastery of strokes for transposing both the subject as he perceived it and his feelings thereabout on the canvas.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!