ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Step into my Park

Step into my Park

Done in oil, knife and ink pen, had trouble thinking of a name for this one, so anyone that can give it a better title, I will welcome it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step into my Park.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	312.1 KB 
ID:	49795  

Pat, a lovely painting, makes me wonder she wishing for him to return or saying thank gosh he's gone

Very nicely done Pat.. Has a wonderful feel to it.

I think she is waiting to send him back after bread and milk...
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

That gate, so wonderfully painted... it really bothers me... it is a departure of some sort for a long time...those candles, flowers and the ship seen already from so far away and the calming colors just spreading a sense of peace... am i wrong Pat?

Thankyou all for you nice comments, it took a while to paint the stones individually but liked the way it turned out, AT you are right, it is like another demention in space....thanks for your comment

What a delightful scene dear Pat.

Thankyou Jasmine, so glad you liked it

9. Very pretty. Lovely colors. I agree about the name though. I didn't click on this thread right away because the title sounded commanding and has the element of ownership which put me off. The painting though is very soft, inviting, and nostalgic.

In thinking about titles, the painting reminds me of a movie I saw last night, "Temple Grandin." It is a true story about an autistic woman; not my usual kind of movie, but it was good. When she faced a new challenge, she would tell herself that it was another door to walk through to meet the rest of her life and then she would visualize every door she had ever gone through opening before her. To me, this painting captures some of that essence of anticipating a new future if you're willing to take the plunge. Also, I think it is interesting in the painting that both the ship and the candles function as beacons (I think the tree does also), so it gives a sense that the girl was drawn to the candles and is now being drawn to the boat but needs to figure out how to make that leap. Another element that captures me is the concept of refined enjoyment of nature (the detailed cut stones, the tended flowers, the sailboat). Maybe “refined nature” could be a title idea J Other title thoughts: never left behind, always a way back, a place for everything, built for escape. I think I like “always a way back” best because it emphasizes the comforting solidity of the stone gate that dominates the painting and also encompasses the ideas of both escape and security.

Anyway, great work!

Very vivid. Feel very warm