ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wacom intuos 3

wacom intuos 3

I love artrage! I use a fairly cheap trust tablet. Would threr be any advantage
    in getting a wacom intuos which are high res etc ? does AR2 support all its features?

thanks again for a superb product

ArtRage supports pressure, tilt, and orientation of graphics tablets. ArtRage also scales the input ranges to support full resolution of the tablet.
    Having said that, we also do a lot of work interpolating and smoothing values from lower-quality tablets and mouses.
    With a higher quality tablet you will probably see improvements in ArtRage's strokes, and you will almost certainly notice a better 'feel' to the tablet - you will be able to have more precise control over light pressure for blocking in areas with ArtRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Hi Paul i have a wacom graphire bluetooth 6x8 and i'd never go back to anything else.
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

I have an Intuos Graphire3, and it works great with AR.

Tilt Support and Intuous 3

Hi,

I have an Intuos 3 tablet, but the tilt support doesn't seem to be working in ArtRage 2 for me. I tried cranking up the Tilt Sensitivity in the Wacom CP, but this doesn't seem to have an affect in AR2. Does anybody have any helpful suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

DRG

Here's some more specific info:

I seem to be having the Tilt problem with just the Pencil tool. Tilt with Airbrush seems to work fine

Using ArtRage 2 on a Duo Core laptop running Win XP Pro SP2. Wacom Ituos 3 6x11 with driver 4.96-8. ArtRage 2.2.9 is installed.

When I check the diagnose panel in the Wacom CP, it appears to report tilt vaues, but I'm still not seeing the effect when using the Pencil in AR2.

DRG

Update: I just updated the Wacom driver to 6.00-5. Still no Tilt with the Pencil tool.

Make sure that the tilt angle setting is not set to zero or a low number in the pencil tool settings. If it is zero, you'll not see any effect. Set it to, for example, 50%, and you should see a darker portion to your stroke on the side opposite from where you are tilting.

David

Hi,

After reading the thread titled "some suggestions on tools (tilt, transparency etc)", I think the tablet Tilt for the Pencil tool is working on my system. Just not in the way I expected.

So am I to understand that the tablet's Tilt values only affect only the rotation of the pencil and not the shape the pencil (the Tilt Angle setting)? That's fine but it would be really great if there was an option to make the tablet's Tilt sensitivity also affected the pencil tool's Tilt Angle values, the way a real sharpened pencil behaves when angled.

Maybe in a future update? Pleeeeease!

DRG

You know, I'm still not sure about this. I tried making a series of strokes, all drawn in the same direction but each time changing changing only the physical angle of the stylus, and I'm seeing no visual difference in the strokes, even when Tilt Angle is set to its widest setting.

The shape of the strokes do rotate when I draw a curved line, but this also happens when I use a mouse, so I don't think this is affected by the tablet's tilt angle at all.

DRG

I just read another thread here discussing the 'flakiness' of the Wacom driver with regards to Tilt Angle, and how for some users the tablet can lose this ability from time to time.

After reading this, I relaunched ArtRage and did the same tests I did earlier, and what do you know, this time it work. Hmm.

Anyway, I'm guessing this is a Wacom problem and not an ArtRage problem.

DRG