ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving West - Chapter Eight

Moving West - Chapter Eight

With Sean's fever raging from the snake bite, Mariska was up nursing him most of the night. Somewhere along the way, she dozed off from exhaustion. When Mariska awoke in the morning, she found that she had been holding him in her arms. Immediately she realized that his fever was gone, and that his breathing was much improved.
    They spent the rest of the day right there, letting Sean regain some of his strength before continuing their journey. Both took advantage of this time to share their histories, and the events that brought them to this place. “How did you come to speak English so well?” Sean inquired.
    “ My Mother was a very wise woman, and an important member of our Tribal Council. When I was just a child, she sent me to the white man's school in a nearby town. She believed that in time, it would be important for both me, and for our tribe, that some of us be able to speak and understand the English language. In turn, I taught much of what I had learned to my Father and Mother, along with a few of the Tribal Elders.”
    The talk flowed freely, as the day passed quickly, and to both their surprise, the sun was setting before they even realized that it was nearing that time of day.
    After an early start the next morning, they walked most of the morning. As the sun rose high in the sky, Mariska urged Sean to stop and rest for awhile because his endurance was still limited.
    “Sean, We should be in my village tomorrow morning. I want

to wash my clothes and hang them to dry while I bathe in the stream. Will you step behind the bushes, and promise not to look?” Sean promised that he would not look, and other than a few peeks that he told himself were necessary for her security, he kept his promise. A smile crossed his face, as he decided that if she caught him peeking, that he would tell her that he was just protecting her from any Leprechans that might have followed him from Ireland...
    Altho it felt a little awkward talking to her when she was not in sight, Sean chanced voicing a question that had been on his mind lately. “In your village, are there men who want you for their wife?”
    Laughing impishly, Mariska answered “ Well of course there are. Do you find me ugly?”
    Sean was taken back a bit.. After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, he offered a reply, “Mariska, of course I don't find you ugly. You are both beautiful and intelligent. I knowthere must be men in your village that want you for their wife. I guess this is probably a foolish question, but I'm asking anyway. Have you ever thought that I might be one of the men that you might consider marrying?”
    The next few seconds passed by with agonizing slowness.
    “Sean?”
    “Yes?”
    “Sean, turn around and look at me.”
    As he turned and looked, Mariska stepped out of the water.
    At the edge of the water, she stopped and stared at Sean, as he stared back. Then to Sean's surprise, Mariska stepped forward, extended her arms, and said...

Yes.... Yes I have Sean...”
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chapter 8.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	292.2 KB 
ID:	49771  
    Last edited by barnburner; 12-15-2010 at 05:49 PM.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

the heat is on in here. great job bb.

Wow Barnburner this is developing into a really beautiful love story with a sense of adventure too. Loving reading it.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne View Post
    the heat is on in here. great job bb.
    Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Wow Barnburner this is developing into a really beautiful love story with a sense of adventure too. Loving reading it.
    Kind of trying to follow the cycle of life, which includes lots of different emotions and experiences.
    Besides, after all the Sean has endured to this point - he needed a beautiful woman in his life..
    Thanks so much Coops. I'm delighted that you are enjoying it.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

So, now the real life is beginning for those two and all without the bouquetts of roses and golden rings and huge expectations...My, life was tough at those days, but the hardships polished loving hearts and somewhere there was always the blessing waiting to meet and simillar will happen to these two...i hope... Barney....

My, My, It certainly got warm in here!!!
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

What a wonderful story Barnburner, besides being an artist you are a great writer

I'm enjoying following your love and adventure story Barn

Quote Originally Posted by AT-TA View Post
    So, now the real life is beginning for those two and all without the bouquetts of roses and golden rings and huge expectations...My, life was tough at those days, but the hardships polished loving hearts and somewhere there was always the blessing waiting to meet and simillar will happen to these two...i hope... Barney....
    So true...when you have difficult obstacles to overcome in your daily life, you tend to have to work and help each other, which brings about a true closeness and loyalty.
    Thanks a lot AT!
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery: