ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ToW - My first ArtRage project.

ToW - My first ArtRage project.

Well, this is my first actual project where i used ArtRage 2.6, I like to work with the program, but i suck at drawing,, So.. I would like some tips

The drawing is called:

Its An Angel.

When I learned to draw, I would take a picture, usually a comic (thats what I liked to draw back then) and try to copy it. After awhile I would be making my own comics.
    So my advice to you is just draw, draw, and draw. Use the pencil tool and make sketches. Find a picture you like and try to duplicate it. When you get good at sketching, then start painting. good luck.

Thanks for the tip

4. To become better at drawing, learning with a good old pencil and paper can work wonders. Go out and grab your self some drawing books, sketchbooks and some good pencils and start to learn to draw what you see. Lots of artists cut their teeth (start out) by doing some still life drawing. I think learning to draw what you see is a great place to start.

Sketch, sketch and sketch some more! Doodle when you can and start to become obsessed by drawing. You'll improve very quickly.

When you sketch out a subject, be sure to break down what you see to its most basic geometric forms first, so you have proportion and composition arranged correctly. THEN start looking at the details.

Also, a great trick I learned in college was to construct a simple, miniature "window" to view a real subject / object through, in order to focus ONLY on a specific area of that subject / object. It helps you focus, and is a less intimidating thing than trying to learn drawing by starting w/ some vast, detailed view. You can move the window closer or further, thereby adjusting the viewable area to be copied. Cardboard and Masking tape is all you need.

Don't quit!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi!
    Very good idea! I suggest to make it more 3D
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

Right. A little bit of shadow under the subject goes a longggggg way!

TheOutsideWorld, i attach my brush for making sketch.
    Play with this brush (if you have tablet, with mouse - it don't work properly)
    Be happy!
    Ps. Upload .prs to your HD and import into Ink pot as new preset ("Import preset to collection"). edited: It's for AR3.
    ?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike Severoff; 11-02-2010 at 06:28 AM.
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr