ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Canvas transparency

Canvas transparency

I'm interested in using ArtRage to create art for an iPhone game, but, in order to do that, I need to be able to preserve transparency (for sprites, etc.) when I export layers. Is there a way to do this? I've tried using the "cel" canvas preset, which gives me a transparent canvas, but when I export a layer (or the whole image) all the transparent areas get colored white.

Also, in the demo version of ArtRage Pro, it seems you can only export JPEGs. Is this true for the full version as well? I would hope there's a non-lossy export option.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookflash View Post
    Also, in the demo version of ArtRage Pro, it seems you can only export JPEGs. Is this true for the full version as well? I would hope there's a non-lossy export option.
    Hi Hookflash,

The demo version of ArtRage limits your options for saving. In the full versions of the ArtRage programs, you'll be able to export your image as PNG with a transparent background.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Hi Hookflash,

The demo version of ArtRage limits your options for saving. In the full versions of the ArtRage programs, you'll be able to export your image as PNG with a transparent background.
    Cool, thanks! Time to break out the credit card...