ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Roses and Faries

Roses and Faries

Hi,

A quick oil, knife, airbrush putting together inspired by a Thai folklore and Western's stories (that is what happens when spliting cultures all mixed up in the head like mine!)

In the Thai folklores, flower/wood fairies can do harm as well as do good. In the woods at one time the locals would not cut big trees down for fear of spirits and fairies and ghosts. That chnged when British companies went to have contracts to cut teak during Indo-China Wars.

Thailand was the only country in SE Asia which never became a colony of anyone when Burma, Loas, India, Malaya, Indonesia and Vietnam were ones. It was not easy, the country had to pay fines, lost lands and rights in courts, contracts for them to exploit forests,etc. to survive, thanks to the KIngs Rama the 4th (Hollywood created "The KIng and I" version about that time), Rama the 5th all the way to the present who has been the longest monarch of the modern world, over 60 years, who know how to negotiate with powerful countries.

Any comments and advice are sincerely welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I just wonder who inspired You for this lovely tiny faerie?
    Your paintings seems elegant decorations on a delicate silk fabric.
    This one is gorgeously colourful.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Such beauty again Jasmine, this is soft beautiful colors

Thanks to you tow, Caesar and Pat for the kind words. The fairy was my imagination really!!

Jasmine, this painting reminds me of the prints on silk ...the colors so much asian. I know that every country has its own dinstictive colors... are the colors so vivid and vibrant in Thailand.?Pretty work.

AT-TA, dear lady, thanks so much. I like vibrant colors myself but in Thailand, not many people wear vibrant colors. Also, women seem to be aware of age more than I do, so the older ones seemed to dress in muted colors just to be modest. Moi, I wear whatever I feel like!!! (Not that I am not modest!)