ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Moving West - Chapter 6

Moving West - Chapter 6

ESCAPE

Finally! Sean has been ready to make his escape attempt for a week now, but the weather would not
    cooperate. Now that a rain storm has arrived, he
    has made his move. While it will make for miserable traveling in his patched up rain slicker, the advantages outweigh the inconveniences.

By leaving after it gets dark, Sean will gain several hours before his absence is discovered, allowing him to get as far away as possible before pursuit can begin. The rain will hide any noise he might make, plus in this driving rain, nobody is going to be outside, or on this dirt road, unless it's a dire emergency.

Figuring that they will expect him to go south along the coast towards the larger towns in that direction, Sean has decided to head due west instead.
    He's not sure what he will find there, but it's his best bet to get away, and that is his first priority.
    As his father used to tell him "Sean - you can only cross one bridge at a time".

Hoping the rain will continue to come down at least for a few hours, Sean walks as quickly as possible,
    headed for an undetermined destination, and an uncertain future. The long journey is made easier by knowing how irate Mr. Rupert will be when he finds out that Sean Eaton has duped him and his men, and made his escape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Escape.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	273.0 KB 
ID:	49613  
    Last edited by barnburner; 10-27-2010 at 04:51 PM.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

... another advantage of such a lousy weather is that his footprint and smell would hopefully vanish in the rain, so that a pursuit would be far more unlikely to be successful even using hounds and expert hunters; nonetheless it's quite difficult keep heading west in these conditions without a compass (GPS still far away to come ).
    Now we may just hope he won't miserably die for a pneumonia ...
    OK, I'll shut my mouth now. The fact is that this thread entertains on both the visual and story enjoyable levels and make You get in Sean's foot so as to start thinking too to what You would do in his situation.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Superb dear Barn another fantastic piece of the story
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Barn, I've just caught up on your story and images and now I'm waiting for the next installment, great goings on

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    ... another advantage of such a lousy weather is that his footprint and smell would hopefully vanish in the rain, so that a pursuit would be far more unlikely to be successful even using hounds and expert hunters; nonetheless it's quite difficult keep heading west in these conditions without a compass (GPS still far away to come ).
    Now we may just hope he won't miserably die for a pneumonia ...
    OK, I'll shut my mouth now. The fact is that this thread entertains on both the visual and story enjoyable levels and make You get in Sean's foot so as to start thinking too to what You would do in his situation.
    Caesar, thank you so much. I really appreciate your comments, because basically that's what I've been attempting to do.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

Quote Originally Posted by mannafig View Post
    Superb dear Barn another fantastic piece of the story
    Aw shucks Ma'm....
    It t'weren't nothin....
    I'm so glad that you liked it Amanda.. Thank you.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

What bad for some people can be good for others, life is unpredictable at time. Rain for some people can mean staying at home, for the guards could mean staying in, perfect time for our Sean to get away.

Nice story and painting of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasminek View Post
    What bad for some people can be good for others, life is unpredictable at time. Rain for some people can mean staying at home, for the guards could mean staying in, perfect time for our Sean to get away.

Nice story and painting of rain.
    Thank you very much Jasmine..
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery: