ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Japanese language input in Text Tool ?

Smile Japanese language input in Text Tool ?

Hello

New user here, having lots of fun. I have moved from Art Rage 2 to Art Rage Studio Pro and appreciate the text tool in the latter. However, I cannot seem to add Japanese text. I can type in Japanese, but it is displayed as hollow "blocks". I have searched the forum but can't find a solution. I cannot find a Japanese-localised version of Art Rage Studio Pro. ( Art Rage 2 is localised, but does not have the text tool )

Does anyone know if there is a way around this without resorting to using another program to import the picture and overlay the text ?

With thanks,

Studio M, Tokyo

MacOS X 10.6.4 / Art Rage Studio Pro 3.07 / Art Rage 2.6.0

Hi there,

The problem you are seeing with Japanese text may be due to the font. Some fonts have problems rendering in the text renderer we use, particularly fonts that use 1-bit bitmap characters rather than vector glyphs. Fonts like SimKai and SimSun can have issues. Arial Unicode is a good test font if you have it available, because that should render correctly. Could you let me know which font you're using?

Regarding a localized version: If you go to the Member Area and register your serial number, on the My Products page you will find a download link for your product and clicking that will provide the option of a Japanese language Studio/Pro (including manual). We make this available as a separate download due to file size issues. It's the same product, it just has a different language pack installed.

Hope that helps!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thumbs up

Matt

Perfect - the unicode font worked.

Many thanks, and also for the tip about the localised software download available from the members area too.

Superb support, very much appreciated

Studio M, Toyko