Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Odds and Ends (UPDATED 3-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by suffolkgal View Post
    I came across your Perspective sticker spray via youtube and realised you were on this forum too. It's a brilliant tool but I am not sure how to put it on my copy of studio pro. Would you mind explaining how? I tried putting it in 'stickers' but it has just come up blank. Computers and me don't really mix lol.

Thank You
    Hi Suffolkgal, and welcome to the forums

I've just posted a video for you, starting with downloading the files from the thread, to importing them into ArtRage. You can watch it HERE.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

That was perfect, thank you very much for taking the time to do that

I do have a slight problem...the cursor disappears as soon as I try to use it on the canvas...it's everywhere else on the screen except on the canvas. It does start when I apply it but I can't see where that actually is until it starts lol

Quote Originally Posted by suffolkgal View Post
    I do have a slight problem...the cursor disappears as soon as I try to use it on the canvas...it's everywhere else on the screen except on the canvas. It does start when I apply it but I can't see where that actually is until it starts lol
    It's probably because you have your Cursor set up to use Outline. Since you've seen my video on using the perspective sticker, you might recall my mentioning that you'll want to switch the Cursor over to its Precise mode, while using the Perspective Sticker Spray Preset (about 50 seconds into the video, shown here. What you'll want to do is go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences, open the Cursors group, select Precise, and then click OK to accept the change. You'll then have a small cross hair for a cursor, which you may use to accurately place your vanishing points. When you get the chance, you might want to think about making shortcuts for the cursor options, so you can do it on the fly in the future (that might need another tutorial, ).

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    It's probably because you have your Cursor set up to use Outline. Since you've seen my video on using the perspective sticker, you might recall my mentioning that you'll want to switch the Cursor over to its Precise mode, while using the Perspective Sticker Spray Preset (about 50 seconds into the video, shown here. What you'll want to do is go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences, open the Cursors group, select Precise, and then click OK to accept the change. You'll then have a small cross hair for a cursor, which you may use to accurately place your vanishing points. When you get the chance, you might want to think about making shortcuts for the cursor options, so you can do it on the fly in the future (that might need another tutorial, ).
    Aha! Yes, I did indeed miss that bit in my note taking. Thank you again

Question "Skull" watercolor papers

Someonesane (I knew there had to be one still left out there)

I really loved your "Skull" tutorial on YouTube and was wondering if the custom papers you used were available for download? I'm sure it was a lot of work, and I can understand if you don't want to let go of them, but just thot I'd ask...

Again, thanks for your watercolor tut!

_kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kevphil View Post
    Someonesane (I knew there had to be one still left out there)

I really loved your "Skull" tutorial on YouTube and was wondering if the custom papers you used were available for download? I'm sure it was a lot of work, and I can understand if you don't want to let go of them, but just thot I'd ask...

Again, thanks for your watercolor tut!

_kevin
    Welcome to the ArtRage forums Kevin . I'm glad you found my watercolor tutorial enjoyable. I do have the canvas textures I used in that tutorial kicking around someplace here, but I figure it'd be easier to do via the package file now, so I've gone ahead and packed them up for you. Just download the ARpack from the link below, and then double click on it to have it begin the installation process for ArtRage. I've made the package with AR4, so if you're using AR Studio or Studio Pro it may not work. If not, let me know here and I'll set you up with them another way.

Last edited by Someonesane; 03-28-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Great canvases! Thanks Gaeton.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Quote Originally Posted by hypotaxis View Post
    Great canvases! Thanks Gaeton.

Brett
    No problem Brett. Hope you get some good use out of them .

Thanks SOS, I've grab them also