ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clay Basket.

Clay Basket.

Doodled her up as usually...out of my head...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Beautiful as always AT-TA.

You've made me remember my first dinner at the University of New Mexico as a freshman. I decided to sit at a table where a few cute Native American gals were and struck up a conversation. (I was an 18 y.o. from New Jersey with ZERO knowledge of Native American culture). I asked them where they were from and they told me the name of their reservation. I asked them what they did when they were at home and they said "make Indian jewelry." Being artistic, I though this was so cool, but they quickly let me know (with a liberal use of the F bomb) how much they hated making jewelry. They were forced to so their parents could sell it to the tourists. My romantic ideas about "Indian Princesses" began to change rather quickly...

Lovely work and colors. It feels very mystical.

Thanks Al very much.
    Yeah, the reality, with its practical attitude towards life, often spoiles its sweetness also.

She reminds me of a character in the James Michener novel, and Mini-series - "Centennial" in the 80s.
    ClayBasket was an Arapaho daughter to the tribes most respected warrior, and became the wife of a French Canadian trapper - Pasquinel. She was very beautiful, and your
    Claybasket is also.
    Well done. AT!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Thanks Magen for your kind comment. Am glad, you like this.

Thanks Barney... it must be her...i just remember the name Claybasket and i couldn't remember... where it came from... thanks for reminding me...

Quote Originally Posted by AT-TA View Post
    Thanks Barney... it must be her...i just remember the name Claybasket and i couldn't remember... where it came from... thanks for reminding me...
    She was named after her mother's prized possession, a basket made of clay, traded for by her father.

Actually, I see a resemblance between the character in the mini-series, and the girl you painted so well.
    Fine job.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

A very beautiful Pocahontas, dear Anna!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

She looks so serene and dreamlike a beautiful painting
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/