ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage Comics

Post ArtRage Comics

Hello all!
    I have a webcomic [carpcomic(dot)com] that I make almost entirely in ArtRage Studio Pro 3 (I do the word bubbles and text in Photoshop Elements 8) and I was wondering if anyone else out there is doing the same. All the comics I read use some version of PS CS. I was thinking that, if there *is* anyone else making a comic in ArtRage, we might sort of band together for mutual support. Nothing major, just linking to each other and sharing tips and tricks we've figured out.

Thanks much,

Chryss Hart

P.S. I don't have enough posts to actually link the comic, hence the extended notation.

Coincidence? I've been thinking on that too... To make a comic with ArtRage
    A have a script, written a few years ago, but a had no possibility to make it
    Recently I got inspired by some web comic which I liked a lot, and remembered that I had a dream to tell a story with pictures, like comics...
    Probably I will start working on this very soon

I've had ideas for such a thing, but haven't put them into practice as of yet. Still hashing out the details.

great idea. It doesn't seem fishy to me.

here's your link.

http://carpcomic.com/comics/

I really look forward to seeing artrage comics becoming popular... awesome.
    We used to have an ongoing comic on the artrage forum by one of our members which was delightful. I don't know her current status, but here is her website of comics done with artrage.
    Hello ArtNuevo if you are out there!~

http://www.rapskullions.com/

Hi,

I've never done a full comic, however, having grown up reading comics, I do draw in a comic book style a lot. The pictures I attached at the very bottom of this post were drawn, from start to finish, using ArtRage (the Beast Boy one was done with AR 2.5, the other AR3 Pro).

I was going to attach some resources some of you may find useful, but I think I'll run over the attachment limit per post, and it'll probably cause to much clutter here. So, I'm going to create a thread in the Supplies forum area and I'll edit this post to link to it after it's up.

(EDIT) - Okay, so here's the link to the thread I said I'd create. There's Sticker sets and Spray Presets for creating perspective grids and speed lines, and stencils of Ellipses (useful for speech bubbles) and a protractor for angles.

Last edited by Someonesane; 10-26-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Added Resource Link
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Fun topic! I color a webcomic--the one in my sig, in fact, which is written and drawn by a friend of mine. Usually I color in GiMP, but when I have enough time I paint it in ArtRage.

I have tried a number of times to convert entirely to ArtRage, but the Selection tool just doesn't work well for me.

OTOH I did convert Mike, who was using (and hating) PSE before.

Oh, here is one of my favorite pages:

http://catboxes.comicdish.com/index.php?pageID=175
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

Can't wait to see this blossom into what I hope it will. I'm really looking forward to seeing some pages/layouts (if they aren't top secret at this stage of course) soon. Fatten this thread with some more imagery, Good man Someonesane for already doing so. Go for it guys.

It will only serve to feed the snowball effect and more folk will likely become inspired enough to join the 'movement'.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

this is a very good idea to join together! unfortunately im dealing with children illustration and i dont draw comics.
    good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by rozalek View Post
    this is a very good idea to join together! unfortunately im dealing with children illustration and i dont draw comics.
    good luck to you!

Me too Rozalek - but I'm always thinking about exploring this kind of thing, if only I can find the time - Bet you have some ideas knocking about as well, eh?
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

... sort of band together for mutual support.
    I've been thinking about comics for sometime as well.

Below is the first frame of an idea I did a few months ago (99% AR). I was feeling slightly inspired after watching the the film 'The Fly'! You can probably guess what's going to happen next (half-man- half-something else!). Will try and finish it off now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.