ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Empty resource folders

Empty resource folders

hi everyone,
    i just purchase ArtRage Studio Pro 3.0.7 after trying it out the demo for a few weeks. Looking forward to learning more. I love how intuitive it is. At present i am just having fun with the paint tube and palette knife.

I have checking out some AR video tutorials on youtube.
    one showed how you can load colour sets from the ArtRage resources folders on your HD.

i use a mac so it resides in
    user>library>application support> artrage 3>resources>colors

I have 9 folders in my resources folder: Canvases, Colors, Custom Sizes, Filters, Grains, Pickers, Stencils, Stickers, Styles.

All these folders are empty. Are they supposed to be empty?

Cheers
    Ecofugal
    ---------------------------------------------
    Platform: imac. 4GB Ram, 2.4Ghz
    snow leopard 10.6

Quote Originally Posted by ecofugal View Post

All these folders are empty. Are they supposed to be empty?

Hi ecofugal, and welcome to the ArtRage forums.

In short, yes. If you haven't put a file in them yet, or saved your own preset in some cases, they may indeed be empty.

Those folders are for user made files. Any time you download a resource (like a stencil) from this forum, or create one of your own, it should go within its proper folder so that ArtRage can properly utilize them upon loading. Sometimes, some of the folders will be automatically filled, such as the Custom Sizes. In a case like that, should you ever add a new canvas size preset, it will be automatically added to your Custom Sizes folder, so it can be called upon later.

If you're looking for stencils, stickers, color pickers, presets, etc, I recommend looking through the Art Supplies forum area, where users of the program have uploaded there own user created resources. For example, if you visit this link, you'll find that I have shared a Palette Knife, and Pencil Preset I like to use, along with a Paper Grain I scanned. By downloading these files and putting the Pencil Blender.prs file within your Tool Presets/Palette Knife folder, the My Soft Sketcher.prs in your Tool Presets/Pencil folder and the Cardboard_tile150.png in your Grains folder, you can use them in your program.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

thanks

hi Someonesane,
    thanks so much for all the great info.

I got a lot out of your videos on youtube.
    i saw your managing presets video and created my own blender brush.
    very useful alternative to the palette knife.

have downloaded those presets and will try them out. Love that brown paper texture. I have a sketchbook with that type of paper. always great to draw with a black pencil then add white highlights.

Thanks.
    cheers
    Ecofugal
    Last edited by ecofugal; 10-25-2010 at 01:09 PM.

No problem, happy to have helped.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.