ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving West - Chapter 4 - Updated the Judge 10-23

Moving West - Chapter 4 - Updated the Judge 10-23

You have no chance, no chance a'tall Sean!”
    Deputy Sims, who had grown to like Sean Eaton during his stay in the jail, had confided this bitter news to Sean as soon as the Constable left the jail that morning. “Rupert has hand picked the judge. You will be found guilty, and given whatever punishment Rupert has give his approval to.”
    Therefore,when he stood before the judge in the Courtroom later that morning, Sean had no hopes nor good expectations. He stood prepared to deal with the verdict as best he could.
    “You have been arrested for Vagrancy, Disturbing the Peace, and Inciting a Riot – how do you plead?” barked the Judge.
    Boldly staring the Judge in the eye, Sean answered firmly, “Not Guilty!”. As expected, he was declared guilty on all counts, and given a sentence of one year's Indentured Servatude to none other than – Ben Rupert.
    With a pompous smirk the Judge announced, “If at the end of one year, you have worked hard, and stayed out of trouble, you will be a free man. However, if, in Mr. Rupert's judgement, you have failed to meet those standards, your sentence will be continued for another year, then another, and another, until such time as Mr. Rupert is satisfied that you have are prepared to be a well behaved member of society.” If the Judge had expected to see Sean flinch or fold, as he heard the verdict, he was badly mistaken. Sean's stare never left the Judge's eyes as the sentence was announced. The words of his father, given to him in earlier years, kept running through his mind. “Sean, you cannot always control what is done to you, but you CAN control

how you will react to what they have done to you. That, is what is important. Never forget that.”
    Facing the morning sun as he left the courtroom, the seeds of an escape plan, were already starting to bud in Sean's mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Courtroom.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	347.0 KB 
ID:	49513  
    Last edited by barnburner; 12-15-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

It is good that Sean remembers what his father had told him, so i do not worry about Sean at all....

Nice illustration going with the story, Barney...

Quote Originally Posted by AT-TA View Post
    It is good that Sean remembers what his father had told him, so i do not worry about Sean at all....

Nice illustration going with the story, Barney...
    Thank you AT... I probably should have spent some time learning how to paint people before I started this project...Oh well, by the time I finish with this, I should know more than I know now..
    Thanks again. I appreciate your interest and support.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

"I probably should have spent some time learning how to paint people before I started this project..."
    I find that you should just go for it as you did here. That is the best way.
    To me, you did just fine. You are portraying the story and getting your point across and that's what counts.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

This is getting very interesting Barnburner, well done on the painting too
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Quote Originally Posted by jibes View Post
    "I probably should have spent some time learning how to paint people before I started this project..."
    I find that you should just go for it as you did here. That is the best way.
    To me, you did just fine. You are portraying the story and getting your point across and that's what counts.
    Yeah, I suppose it's like jumping into 20 feet of water, and worrying about never having taken swimming lessons. Might as well start paddling...
    I was pretty content with everything but the Judge.
    He came off as a combination of a 16 year old boy, and a visitor from Mars...
    Did some repair work this morning on facial hair, highlights/shading, blemished up the skin for aging,etc., and I think it's better - at least enough that I can sleep tonight..
    Thanks for the encouraging words. Much appreciated.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    This is getting very interesting Barnburner, well done on the painting too
    Many thanks Coops. I certainly appreciate it.
    Glad you like it.
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery:

Fortunately Sean never lose his temper and courage to face adversities ... Now we're all around to support him in this new life game!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Keep it cool, once one is cool, anyone can find a way to solve a problem. Of course, sometimes it is not exactly the way we want!

In my experience, an immigrant from Vietnam, was a principal at a HS in Vietnam. His English was bad, he ended up cleaning a school (what faith!) that taught French. This man's French was excellent, believe it or not, he tutored the children at frist and a kind teacher helped him get teaching certificate and he became a full time French teacher until he retired. YOu never know what faith can land you!

In my path of being in the USA, I have had friends who helped me with my careers and I helped others too. For me it is a blessing just to be around good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Fortunately Sean never lose his temper and courage to face adversities ... Now we're all around to support him in this new life game!
    And with all that he figures to encounter in his future, he will need all that support...
    Thank you Caesar..
    My Gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery: