ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cala Gonone - Sardinia - Italy (two versions)

Cala Gonone - Sardinia - Italy (two versions)

This landscape from a reference was made with pastels and the little blending they allow, on one layer.
    The place is just marvellous, as many others in Sardinia. I just wonder whether a couple of human figures for providing proportions hint would be better ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CalaGonone-Sardinia.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	443.9 KB 
ID:	49462  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-23-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thumbs up

Summer.....summer....

I like colours that you used here and the composition is very good!!!

Love those rocks Caesar. I used to have a friend with the last name Sardina which he explained that his ancestors were from Sardinia, Italy.

I like figures myself as you have seen in my paintings, without them I feel too isolated but the propotions are fine here with the rocks, IMO.

Caesar, I LOVE this one! Wonderful colors.. great composition.

I think you are right - possibly adding a person or two, or, perhaps just a beached canoe with footprints leading inland?

My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Very beautiful sea!
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

Caesar, i remember the emerald colors of the water on italian beaches and i never seen the prettier ones since.... and your water here is just like i remember it.... gorgeous. I think the spacey beach here calls for pretty dumsels under the parazolls... because you know how to draw them so well...

Very pretty, one can feel the warmth of this gorgeous place ...Beautiful work as usually.

It is just right the way it is Wish I was there

This is a beautiful landscape painting, dear Caesar. Very good..
    There are full of an artistic objects and environment surrounding us. So don’t worry to get any idea for painting.....Khalid
    My Gallery : Khalid_ipda
    My Tutorial : How to paint water? How to paint trees? How to paint waterfall?
    My 2nd email:
    khalid_ipda@yahoo.com.my

A lovely painting of a lovely landscape

Dear Panaslonix, I just used the real colors nature provided, at least the ones the camera could fix. So I thank You, but I just made the service to transpose what I actually saw and my merits are just to draw and pick colors without any recourse to tracing or assisted color picking or any other non manual or virtual tool help from AR.

Thank You, dear Jasmine! I just hope Your friend was aware whence he or she came, because Sardini and Italy are really unique in quite a lot of aspects.
    I think that, according to Your and several other mate's opinion so as how to improve it, I'm going to add soon some tiny figures then (because that would be thir size here) ...

I got it, dear Barnburner! Let's not leave this nice bay unattended then. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Mike, alsom on behalf of Sardinia!

Dear Anna, damsels here will appear, but to tiny to decide whether they're suntanning more or less scantily dressed. I'm glad You remind something of Your Mediterranean baths and I would add also the advantage that water is also not as cold as in the Ocean or in Northern European beaches and You may be swimming or floating for hours ...

Thank you, dear Steve! Why not be there next summer there ... Don't You have any even far relative or good friend overseas and here in Italy in particular You may pay a visit as an excuse?

Glad You like it, dear Kahlid! In a natural landscape Your appreciation is like to get an Oscar!

... and a A lovely comment, dear Jean! Thank You!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!