ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ETA of new ArtRage Studio Pro ?

ETA of new ArtRage Studio Pro ?

Does anyone have any clue as to when a new version will be released. I am going to buy a copy around Christmas, & just wouldn't want to get my copy if a new version is going to be released shortly after.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I haven't seen any announcements that the AR team is working on ArtRage 4 yet, so I highly doubt they'd be releasing it anytime soon (especially since they'd need to have it alpha/beta tested first).

From my experiences with ArtRage, only the major upgrades come with a cost. For example, when ArtRage 2.5 jumped to ArtRage Studio/Pro. These sort of updates tend to come with major changes, such as interface updating, new features and tools, etc. Small version changes, like the one from ArtRage 2 to ArtRage 2.5 are free updates that are easily downloaded, using the update option in ArtRage.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I hope it'll be a way yet... I just found out e-on Software is planning an upgrade to Vue version 9... Version 8 was just released last November...

This year I also upgraded my version of 3D Coat, Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro and Curvy3D... Plus the computer hardware upgrades, it's getting a little expensive...

We expect it to be a way yet We're working on an Artrage 3.0.8 update at the moment. This is another free update for all users of ArtRage 3, and we have further plans for updates after this. There's no current ETA for a version 4.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    We expect it to be a way yet We're working on an Artrage 3.0.8 update at the moment. This is another free update for all users of ArtRage 3, and we have further plans for updates after this. There's no current ETA for a version 4.
    I'm new to artrage. I was wondering how often do the updates come?

Hi Sydthecat. While there's no specific schedule for updates, we continue to work on our products after we release them, and provide updates including improvements, new features and fixes as we can. ArtRage Studio / Studio Pro ( 3.0.4 ) was released in December 2009 and since then we have released updates 3.0.5, 3.0.6, 3.0.7 and soon 3.0.8.

All users who purchased Studio and Studio Pro can download the latest update to their version from our Member Area at http://members.artrage.com. Any users who have purchased ArtRage 2 can also download the latest version from the same place. You can check if you have the latest version of ArtRage by going to Help and clicking on the 'check for updates online' or 'ArtRage News and Updates' item.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I just wanted to say thanks for the replies everyone.