ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Suggestion about image size and transparent canvas

Suggestion about image size and transparent canvas

I just discovered ArtRage for iPad and it works really well.

There is only one thing I miss to be able to use it in my work : bigger image sizes. I don't know if it's possible on the iPad to have a size more than 1024 x 768 but if it is, are you planning it in future updates? Maybe it would be possible using iTunes file sharing?

Also, it would be great to have transparent canvas too.

Thanks!

Hi Julio!

Regarding painting sizes, currently the resolution is fixed at 1024 x 768 but there is a workaround you could use to work at up to 1400 x 1400 size. If you create a PTG on your desktop computer that's that size and add it to the shared file space in iTunes, you can then load it on the iPad and save it out as a copy to create new ones. If you don't have ArtRage on your desktop machine, importing a 1400 x 1400 photo via the gallery will acheive the same resolution.

The main reason that resolution is currently limited is due to memory constraints, but it's possible we'll be updating this in the future as we make changes to the app.

I've also made a note regarding transparent canvasses as an option for the future. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

OK, thanks for the fast reply and good advices. I'll do just that. I look forward to see the next update.

best regards,
    Julio

Transparency

Until then, it'd be great if you could allow exporting a layered drawing either as a layered PSD file, or even better (for me anyway), individual alpha-supporting PNGs. I think transparency is lost if the destination is the iPad's Photos app.

I'm looking to import them into other iPad apps, specifically animation apps, where ArtRage layers would make great backgrounds and foregrounds... and maybe even characters.

yes transparency is lost.. I'd love it if it could be preserved too.
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/