ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cut/Copy and paste selection without new layer?

Cut/Copy and paste selection without new layer?

When you copy or cut a selection and paste it, it creates a new layer to paste it on. Is there a way to set it paste on the current layer?

Pasting cut / copied content always goes to a new layer in ArtRage, although you could merge that layer down with the previous ( ctrl alt down on Windows, cmd alt down on OS X ) if you wanted them both on the same layer.

Just curious, is there a particular reason that you would prefer the pasted content on the same layer? Always good to have the feedback and see how people prefer to work.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

In this particular instant I wanted to move something that I got on the wrong layer to another layer by cutting it then pasting it on the correct layer. But if there are other things on that layer that you want to stay there merging the layer down wouldn't work. Like most other graphic programs it might be useful to put a "paste" option that all it does is paste without creating a new layer and a "paste to new layer" option that works like the paste currently does.

4. If I understand what you're saying, I've had to do that and I copy and paste to a new layer, then clean the new layer up to contain only the parts I want to move, then merge the new layer down to where I wanted to move the item. I'm not sure that applies to what you're asking about though.

That would be a way to do it. Kind of seems like going round robin to get to where you want to be but that would be the way it has to be done it sounds like.