ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A most famous Texas Ranger

A most famous Texas Ranger

... not the one the majority of You would think to though ...
    To celebrate the nr. 600 of Tex Willer, an Italian legendary comics and character issued monthly and successful going on since the last 62 years!
    He fights with his son and pards for justice anywhere and against any kind of criminal and danger, sometimes mysterious kinds of threats. He's a widow of the killed Indian daughter of a passed away Navajo chief. He actually is also the most respected Navajos chief with the name of Night Eagle (Aquila della Notte).
    A tribute also to his glorious creator and editor Bonelli, no more with us, who created also many other successful comics characters and a company which is still supporting our kids and grown people fantasy ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TexWiller.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	430.9 KB 
ID:	49302  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wonderfull drawing of a handsome guy, sorry, never heard a peep about him before .....

It's not a problem to provide You with such an information, dear Anna. Thank You and here's a site in English about this character.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tex_Willer

If our comics drawer and comics were created in English and sold starting in U.S. I bet that a great deal of them would be much more famous around the world, not only the artistic top quality ones such as Crepax, Hugo Pratt, Milo Manara, Eleutieri Serpieri etc. (comics experts know them pretty well).
    Moreover, here in Italy, also the Walt Disney comics were made since ever in Milan not by a subsidiary, but by the Arnoldo Mondadory Editori in a substantially independent and autonomous produuction line. They were so successful they introduced new styles and quite a number of brand new most renown characters in here and this comics is still the number one for kids after so many decades ...

Thats a very well painted portrait Cesare. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Nice portrait dear Cesare good strong jawline to
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Thank You, dear Katie and Amanda! You seem to have recently sinchronised Your replies so I have now the pleasure to read the comments of two nice friends and damsels from Britannia at the same time!

Like it.

Thank You, dear Jasmine!

Dear Caesar, love it! first thought it was a cartoon then read your excellet story that is truely is a cartoon comic character, loved the story about him, very interesting,, and not to mention he looks like the photo in your avatar,

Thank You dear Lee!
    It's certainly a character very similar to how I would like to be in a way ... but I never was neither a Ranger nor an indian chief (and not even much similar to how he appears in the drawings of the various illustrators he had and has).
    To know more of this glorious comics (unfortunately published in many countries, but never regularly published in US though), I would invite You to shortly to read about it also in English Wikipedia at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tex_Willer