ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: iPad ArtRage Still Life - Color Studies

iPad ArtRage Still Life - Color Studies

Attached are some color studies I did last weekend on AR|iPad.

I wanted to see how gestural and responsive the App was as the everchanging late afternoon light backlit a flower arrangement on a central table in the living room. Color mixing and laying out basic shapes was the goal.

I was very happy with the interactivity. Bravo Ambient Design!

I was able to flow and try things on the fly - akin to the work I do with a pochade and oils or a sketch book and graphite or charcoal. I was after color only, for the most part. There were some beautiful pinks, lavenders, ultramarine blues, sap greens and yellow ochres that I wanted to get down on 'canvas' before the sun went down.

I plan to do a finished piece as I took digital stills as an aid in completing a more finished composition.

Regards,

André
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Oct 10, 7 05 56 PM.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	49227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Oct 10, 7 06 35 PM.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	49228  
    Last edited by vfxsup64; 10-13-2010 at 07:29 PM.

for some reason I am getting the biggest kick out of seeing art done on the ipad. hey, very pretty still life. great colors and brush strokes. welcome to the forum also.

Gzairborne,

Thank you very much!

The forums here are an amazing resource. I appreciate the opportunity to share and learn from everyone.

Andre

I think it is cool.

These are great vfxsup64 and shows that one can paint just anywhere. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

wonderful studies, I love them as they are. Great pinks and blooms.
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

Welcome to this group,Andre.

When one is a painter, he must always and will always paint with anything, what he finds around. I am so glad, you showed this yet unfinished work, it looks already pretty and delicately fragile, am looking forward to the finished piece.

As everybody who paints with digital brushes, sometimes i get so hurt by accusations, that i am a cheater and not knowing anything, using digi brush as an excuse, because i cannot do better. This just told me again, looking at your pretty picture, that it is not so... that once one knows, wants to know more and better and this tool is just marvelleous to use for farthering our horizons. So i am not listening to those shortsited accusers anymore. Yes, this is very pretty.

Beautiful.

hi great stuff i'd like a ipad but I'm waiting for the price to drop I hope pehaps Wacom will make a small one???

Smile

Jasminek, coops, suziQ54241, AT-TA, orianelima and eighty+...

Thank you very much for the kinds words and thoughts. I appreciate it.

I make no distinction with respect to tools...only the eye and heart behind one's artistic expression. Digital, Analog...who cares. What matters is the piece of art and the voice behind it. Use what is available and learn from it. Change your tool from time to time and your point of view (especially if the lighting is better on the other side of the room!).

There are many ways to express the feeling behind a unique human experience. We and our viewers just might learn something new about the world - and ourselves...

Regards,

André