ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: landscape

landscape

It's been a while since I last posted...life and business get in the way at times.

First, a disclaimer...the attached was NOT done in ArtRage (and I apologize if this is not allowed in this gallery; if so, feel free to remove it or let me know and I'll remove it). I did, however, plan and pre-draw this in AR and perhaps that makes it okay...that's up to all of you.

My pleasure in art and whatever skills I've developed over time are due in great part to the forum members here who have been kind enough to encourage me and generous enough to help me (there are too many of you to name...and I'd fear missing someone...but you have my eternal gratitude). That pleasure and encouragement has prompted me to stretch my artistic muscles a bit and try hands-on drawing as well...lately in pastels.

As I said, the attached was planned and worked out in ArtRage but the actual drawing here was done by hand in soft pastels (sad to say, inexpensive pastels on inexpensive paper). While it is by no means "great art," I am proud of it and wanted to share it with the forum that has been instrumental in whatever successes I've achieved. I thank you, one and all. (I've noticed that since I had to downsize this considerably, it's lost some of the life and sparkle the original has...oh well.)

jb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pastel landscape.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	427.0 KB 
ID:	49205  

Dear friend, I think You was right to post it as a demonstration of the beneficial effects of AR and the mates in here to foster and improve each one's artistic skills, even if this work were not planned and sketched with AR before.
    It is a powerful and vibrant artpiece and I'm absolutely sure that pastels shine much better on the real work, as usual for such a tool.
    Sincere congratulations!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wow JB pretty landscape. Great vibrant colors. Wonderful

Dear Jby, it is so beautiful!, can feel the air flowing up and down and across the land and sky, wonderful work!

This just shows that you're a capable and terrific artist. You don't need expensive things to make a beautiful work of art. I think it's a great piece and shows us yet another way of utilizing this program to it's fullest.

You have every right to be proud of this. I know I would be.

Good to see you back! This is a gorgeous piece!!!
    You can see more of my work at http://krasched.deviantart.com/.
    IMAGINATION IS EVERYTHING-Einstein
    See you space cowboy..........

That's really a beauty JB!!! Looks like it might be from the school of Cezanne. Love it!

Thanks for sharing jbyr! Its good to see you still can find the time for your artwork regardless of what "life and work" might do to interfere.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Stunning landscape Jbyr
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/