ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Ruler & Stencils

Ruler & Stencils

Hi,
    I am enjoying ArtRage on my Mac for about a year, and was really craving for an iPad version. So thanks a lot for that!

I miss the stencils from the desktop version, especially the ruler and the curve stencil - so there is no way to layout a straight line or a perfect curve on the iPad

We've been thinking about what other features from the desktop version should make it to the iPad version.
    But we're really constrained by the speed of the processor, and the limited amount of memory. The iPad is an extremely difficult platform to work with. We'll see what we can do.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Or at least a ctl+tool to create a straight line. I do a lot of backgrounds, and it would help doing the buildings.

smoque, there was a tip posted earlier about making straight lines. Basically put one finger on the canvas, then the second, the lift the first, finally lift the second. You need to draw the line a little longer and erase the ends, but it works well otherwise. I was able to draw a character holding a sword this way.

Hahah! That was me!
    I was initially bothered by the guesswork of it, but you worked that out.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by smoque; 01-23-2011 at 01:54 PM.

The reason it's not documented is that it is in fact not an 'intended feature' but a side effect of the stroke handling We're considering methods for straight line generation that will have a bit more usability and official polish.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

That would put my job in a deckchair in the back garden, with music at hand and an iced tea nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    The reason it's not documented is that it is in fact not an 'intended feature' but a side effect of the stroke handling We're considering methods for straight line generation that will have a bit more usability and official polish.
    i found this app which has a clever method for creating lines and simple curves: Concepts: Precision Sketching. i am in the same boat as smoque and would really like to have some kind of ruler/curve tool in the ipad version to make it work for me. i do lots of environments and architecture, and this tool in full version of artrage is a real differentiator for me from other ipad painting programs!

thanks