ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a program

Looking for a program

Hi all

I'm looking for any simple and quick program, that can do cropping and resizing images, changing contrast, saturation, etc. - BUT: not Photoshop or GIMP.
    As I said, I need a simple program, in which I could easily do this things, without walking around menus.
    In example, HP scanners have a in-process-of-scanning program, which functions are brought on screen in three sections: left (small one) is a toolbar with zooming/selecting/rotating/cropping tools; middle (large) for the input image; right for adjustments like contrast, noise, color, etc.
    And I'd want something like that for not scanned, but already made images, that I just need to tweak slightly.
    I've been searching, but programs I met are copying Photoshop's interface, and I'd like something which would look like what I described

(I've searched on the website of HP - haven't found anything like that, maybe I'm blind?)
    Well, I would truly appreciate if somebody gives a tip

I use Picasa for photo cropping and changing minor things, It has some lighting, color saturation stuff and some filters. It's a free download. It's a google thing so you should be able to search and find it. I find it to be very easy to use. So much that I've abandoned my photoshop for the trio of AR3, Picasa and a Microsoft add-on.

For resizing pictures, I don't have it readily available today, but I will dig it out tonight and repost. But there is a free little add-on thing you can get from Microsoft that is a resizer. It will resize to several different settings and it can do multiple photos at the same time. I wish I could remember what it is called. I think it can be found on their website. It's the only photo-resizer that I really like.

Most of them want to resize one at a time, but when you work with more than a dozen pictures at a time....it gets to be overly tedious.
    Last edited by MJSparks; 10-11-2010 at 09:11 AM.

You can also change size and contrast in AR. Go up to the top tool bar and scroll down to adjust colors, you can then do what you need to do and to each layer. You can resize your image as well in the above tool bar.

MagenSparks
    Thanks a lot, that's just what I needed

Alexandra
    I know these features in ArtRage, but cropping and resizing are quite uncomfortably made, as I think
    And I will need to work with a few images quickly - ArtRage won't allow it, sadly...
    It's perfect in drawing tasks, but not yet in editing

I use this software almost every day, also raw format
    http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
    It's free and do the things you are looking for

Greetings,
    Alex

Photofiltre may fit your needs.
    For a free program, it is very powerful,
    and very simple to use.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

http://www.irfanview.com/ This is the one I use. It resizes and resamples extremely well and is very simple to use. Better yet, it can host a wider range of photoshop filters than ArtRage. I use it for a lot of routine tasks.

The resizer add-on I have is called, Image Resizer Powertoy Clone. I have the 64 bit version, but I think there are various ones for the different versions. It pretty much just adds the resize to the right-click menu.

Hope it works out for you. I couldn't imagine playing with my photos without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Docsmith626 View Post
    http://www.irfanview.com/ This is the one I use. It resizes and resamples extremely well and is very simple to use. Better yet, it can host a wider range of photoshop filters than ArtRage. I use it for a lot of routine tasks.
    Yeah, I've used irfanview for a longtime.
    For quick resizing and resampling, you can't beat it.
    If I need to do more involved photo editing, I use
    Photofiltre or Artrage, depending on the task.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Hi Null, I don't know if this is what you need. I do this a lot with my flowers and photo enhancements.
    You can see in the uploaded example that I have cropped it. Next I used the box next to this tool down under the pastel tool-and click the pasted image. I then stretched it for an example. You can move it around or flip it-whatever you need to do. You can duplicate and enhance with the tools in the image or go up to the tool bar at the top and work with the contrast and colors.
    So sorry if this is not what you need-maybe some one else will benefit from it-haha.
    Attached Images Attached Images