ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All 'e Same t'e Pakeha

All 'e Same t'e Pakeha

... since our beloved octogenarian friend (80+) made us discover this artist too, I thought a good copy exercise would have been a good practice. I mostly used the felt pen, but not only.
    No glazes here neither .... I discovered I could do it reasonably well with just a background layer and a main layer for the figure.
    I stopped it here since I didn't want to go on and pedantically to improve it furtherly on tones and hues ...
    Since I used a poor monitor, I hope the outcome is as honestly good as it appears to me. I'll discover it this evening ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CharlieGoldieCopy.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	248.1 KB 
ID:	49036  
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-08-2010 at 04:20 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

terrific Caesar I don't know how you can do them so quick the mind boggels at least they will know who C.F Goldie is know yeah man
    ----E/S

Well, I find copying is much easier than do them by mere imagination, dear ATPlus, even if I don't do it too much.
    Thank You for the flattering compliments anyway!
    I also just discovered that felt pen, as well as watercolor and roller at specific settings, are really powerful and all You really need for works like this You can obviously improve it with glazes and or airspray and anything else ou wish, but all the guts are already in the cited combination of tools.
    BTW (or by the way), I just added a missing button on his waist coat ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wow Cesare thats truly a great face and one that you have painted so very well. So much that face could tell
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Caesar your speed cna earn you a "Flashy man" which could mean a few things!!! The confidence you have made this painting a delight to the eyes, happy painting dear Caesa.

I didn't want to go on and pedantically to Improve It tones and hues furtherly on ... No, you do not need, you have reached perfection in this picture, in color, tone, and intensity ... Congratulations.

Yes, eighty,I've seen his work, here on the web, and thanks for bringing him to our attention.

Your copy,Caesare, is gorgeous, happy fellow he was, when the pic of him got painted...i find him very handsome and full of character...wish he wouldn't smear his face so badly... but obviously he liked to do that to make him even more handsome...i guess.
    You've done a wonderfull job on him, on the back and on his cloth also, not speaking of the happy face. I think i will do some of his girls... i do not know why i love painting women so much, because i like men also.... my muse must know i will ask her...when she comes to me... why is that...

Thanks for the inspiration, guys.

Great job Caesare. Really well done.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery: