ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carnevale & Halloween

Carnevale & Halloween

Here I finally solve the mystery of this thrilling WIP (at least for those who didn't pay attention or know as little Italian as to undestand the attachment title La Bella e la Bestia, i.e (the) Belle and (the) Beast)
    This tale is obviously a very famous one, but I didn't follow the script perfectly.
    The difference is that the place where they are is Venice, close to Palazzo Ducale (Doge's Palace) and this most picturesque and quite ancient Carnevale (Carnival) tradition, is becoming a sort of Halloween for Belle at the first meeting with the Beast
    These are problems posibly arising with chat lines friendships ....

As for the technique: oils, all free-hand, mostly imaginary with a couple of references used as an indication for the male figure attire and for the Doge's Palace ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belle&Beast.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	436.7 KB 
ID:	48950  
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-07-2010 at 12:25 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I love it Cesare is also one of my favorite stories
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Wowww This is such a magnetic painting... colorfull, interestgrabbing and soooo pretty.... beast is quite handsome in that kind of historical outfit and the lady.... caesarishly pretty....i love this....would make wonderfull illustration in the book. Want more Caesar...please... you are such a good illustrator-storyteller and produce such wonderfull drawings....

Thank You, dear Amanda. A good tale inviting us all to watch behind the surface of a person and a great indication of the best behaviour and attitude for ugly guys on how much charm can be spread independently from the look and how they can change other people's perception too.

Dear Anna, I appreciate very much Your compliments, but I'm afraid I miss the patience, accuracy and, even more, the skills and talents of really great illustrators like our dear Nickillus, Boxy, etc. It's a genre I like, so I can probably fulfill Your kind request also in the future.
    I understood why You possibly find beast almost handsome. Looking better, he vaguely reminds me of Shrek's face (an unintentional accident in case). Thank You!

I do hope too, dear Sandra, but I should at least develop a good enough personal style and better expertise, processes and be much more diligent in my paintings. Thank You!
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-07-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Beautiful and the story is one of my favorite. However if you ask my husband between him and me, who is the beast, he will tell you that he IS THE BEAUTY!!!

A wonderful finish to a wonderful tale Caesar, I know almost no italian but when I seen what the painting was saved as ... La Bella and la Bestia ... Bella being beautiful or thereabouts I thought it was going to be the Beauty and the Beast

Nice painting!
    sometimes we have to break the rules and follow are own thoughts/scripts

I'm sure Your husband is the beauty, dear Jasmine, but I'm sure he feels as if he became so after You selected and married him, like in the tale, so there's no more any beast character! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jean. You're right, the title was not that cryptic, was it? Bella is practically like the corresponding French Belle, beautiful for feminine words, and Bestia is not that different from English Beast, French Bęte, and identical to the Spanish Bestia and finally to Latin Bestia, Bestiae (genitive), which is our Latin languages common mom as well as for English words too to a considerable extent ...

Thank You, dear Gekko! I often do as You suggest ...

Great painting Cesare with a lot of detail too. I had a dream last night and now I know from where it came as I looked in earlier in that evening and did look at this one. Well done Cesare
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307