ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleopatra

Cleopatra

I just read one of Ann Rice's latest novels(or the latest for me anyway)- "The Mummy". WHEW! I had to go and do more reading on Cleopatra. What an interesting woman. Labeled The Queen of Kings by Cesare I believe, but I need to go back a do a bit of reading.

This is what I imagined her to look like, based upon a few internet references and help. Crayon play on cell. Knife for blending. Sphere string for wig.
    Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Alexandra; 10-04-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Nice one. I always have empathy for this lady, it must have been very hard for her at that time. Look at us now, still women have a difficult time all over the world.

In my career in computer science, I went to school at the time that women were not encouraged to be in science. I was a configuration manager but still faced the so called "Glass Ceiling".

Many young women nowadays still are facing the same thing, actually worse when the unemployment is so high.

Cheers!

Hi Jasmine, Yes it has always been a hard world for women indeed. This woman from what I read was quite a character. Very sure of herself, and for a woman to attract someone like Julius Cesare one of the most powerful men of one of the most powerful civilizations and have his son, then to move on to his son and have three of his children and ruling Egypt with a strict hand all at the same time. Her heart from what I read was given to Antony. No judgment from me as this was a time in another land, with so many differences. I cannot help but admire her, even though I would hate to have been in her position with Cesare and Rome the children going through what they did. I imagine the power and the wealth to be incredible. Her decisions were no doubt always perilous, but she seemed so sure of herself, I doubt she ever looked back. I wonder if history is truthful in the story of her death at the young age of thirty-seven?
    Last edited by Alexandra; 10-04-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Hi Sandy,
    fantastic work on her wig!I like how you have done some research before starting her portrait.
    I also see more crayon work lately from you,are you enjoying the Crayon tool?
    Keep up the good work.

Good to seek new horizons Sandy.

Dear Scott, I can't thank you enough for telling me about the crayon on cell. It is absolutely fantastic to work with. Thanks so much for your nice comment!

AT, Thanks so much!

This Cleopatra painting is becoming almost a self-portrait, considering the reference upper card ...... Very interesting and unconconventional approach and style ... I like it.
    It seems like You're building her 3-D computerized virtual image starting from her skull, like a crimilologist ...
    You're probably investigating on her presumed suicide. A cool painting for a ultra-cool case!
    I would also provide You herebelow, with her last Latin lover identikit (Marcus Antonius) who was considered a real hunk at that time, but who has got an alibi for her death: he was fresh dead at that time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-04-2010 at 10:02 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

WOW...I love your painting, hair with these details, congratulations.

Hi Cesare, from what I read this love between Marc and Cleo and their tragic death spurred the idea of Romeo and Juliet with Shakespeare. I need to study more though. I just had a brief read on the internet.
    There he had heard of her death (not so) so he stabs himself and she tries to pull him to her safety and this does him in so to speak, so she ends her life with the asp. So sad...seems that they could have escaped with each other to an island some where. Hey Marc baby, got the chariot hooked and ready out back packed and all with the kids...let's go!
    Thank you for your kind comment-so happy that you liked it!

Javier, Thanks so much!

Well done Sandra, its a very good painting
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307