ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: SciFi Art Now

SciFi Art Now

A neat website where they interview scifi artists

Recent interview were with Mark Beer, John Malcolm & Jeff Michelmann...

http://scifiartnow.blogspot.com/

Cheers

Ken

This is not sci-fi, this is hi-fiction.
    I wish you good luck
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

Thumbs up

One of the artists Quotes:

John Malcolm: I use Painter 11, Photoshop CS5 and Artrage Studio Pro. I use an Wacom Intuos4 Large tablet with my desktop PC, and have and older, smaller Intuos3 that sometimes gets used with a laptop.

SciFi Art Now: Why?

John: Artrage is great for starting things. It's just a very nice fast program for sketching. Being able to flip the canvas instantly by simply holding one key down (H or V) is a trick Adobe and Corel should learn from. It's also very affordable.

Some people view sci-fiction and hi-"fantasy" fiction as two seperate entities. One would be more space ships and alien planets, laser guns and swords.

Where the hi version would be more fantasy like elves and stuff more along the lines of orcs and goblins, things that have a bit of mythological nature to them.

At least that has always been what I understood the differences to be. Libraries (least most of the ones I've been to, label them both as science fiction)

The few pictures I did see could be either or, depending on the background. Hope that helps.

Sounds like hi-fiction is similar to science fantasy....(Robert E Howard's Conan for example)...

Cheers

Ken