ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Look Home Page

New Look Home Page

It looks fabulous, I like it a lot!!!

I agree looks like the site just donned it's evening wear. Great Stuff
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

I agree with the above - very nice. A surprise as well

Just my very personal view and certainly not a criticism in anyway, (it might even just be the screen I'm viewing it on) but I would have possibly made the left hand side navigation slightly larger to make it easier to read. Having said that, I can understand it helps make the main content area larger for promoting all their brilliant stuff.

I wonder if there will be a gallery just for iPad art?
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

Looks great, guys. Really nice spruce up.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

????? not sure if i am looking a the right place, so stark and cold,,, not like the older pages full of exciting colors and tempting examples and warmth, looks like the bookeeper tried to save some money by trimming out the joy, must be the recession,,very austere, if i were a first time buyer looking for a real-art feeling i think i would pass it up, am sure if one went further into the other pages one would see how terrific ArtRage is but first impression is most important, guess the idea is to showcase the tools but looks more like sterile surgical instruments laid out,,, hope i am wrong, luv u guys!!! xox
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think the new website layout is spectacular. (Sorry Lee, but I do understand your point entirely.)

First, it doesnīt seem sterile--it seems much more professional. Itīs appropriate for the launch of the new iPad app which will surely generate much more interest/traffic to the website and then, hopefully, to many more users/purchasers of the program. The Rage brothers deserve all that they can get for providing such a wonderful experience for us all.

Kudos AR team for what seems to be a splendid app. I canīt evaluate it because I havenīt got an iPad yet. Those of you who do, leave a 5 star rating on iTunes! That creates more interest on many levels.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

In my opinion, the modifications are good and actually produce a practical effect, for those who are watching the site for the first time.

Beautiful, well done and practical.

Congratulations to all.

I think I do know where the corporate look is coming from.
    I did like the loose and colorful layout from the old site.
    But in many reviews,ArtRage was mostly put down,sorry for my use of words,as some sort of painting-software for children.
    It is something to get used to but hey,at least we have the warmth and cosiness of the forums

Hans

Thanks for the feedback everyone! A few things drove the changes we made to the site, and there are some more changes in the works too.

Our old site was too confusing. The rapid update we did for ARStudio/Pro left a bunch of different pages that had parts of the information people needed when looking in to the product but never all of it. Finding the feature comparison chart was a pain, for example, and to get features for Studio/Pro you had to navigate from home to a general features page then to a deeper features page for those two products. So we decided to restructure to make sure information was easier to access.

At the same time, we had a problem with how hard it was to maintain updates to the site. Due to a few years of legacy content we had two home pages, for example, so every time we updated one we had to update the other. The new site is much cleaner in that respect and we should be able to update things much more easily.

All that said, the site isn't quite finished yet. We were taken by surprise yesterday when we got the email from the iTunes store saying that the iPad version had been approved. We were almost done with the site redesign, but the notification meant we had to push it live as quickly as we could. Yesterday was one of the most hectic days I can remember since the release of Studio/Studio Pro. So there are some things that will be changed, some images that will be replaced, and some features that will appear over the next month or so while we finish off and polish it all up.

The new site is a work in progress, but we hope it's easy enough to navigate now that it will be a better resource for users! There are some new tutorials from Hanzz to go up (sorry for taking so long!), and we're working on a forum overhaul as well as a new gallery system, so there's lots to come!

Feedback is always welcome, and we're happy to consider suggestions (the nav buttons needing to be larger, for example).

Many thanks also go to everyone who's artwork we have been able to use for decoration.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Forgot to congratulate on the iPad app release

Hans