ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping in a Lotus

Sleeping in a Lotus

Hi,

This time is a little painting with an air of fantasy. The painting is done by water color.

A story from Buddhist Scriptures inspired me to do this one. The story talked about a previous life of the Lord Buddha who was born as a male finch. It is a long story but I will try to make it short. One day him and his partner’s eggs hatched and had 3 babies. The wife had to stay in the nest and he was the one to bring them food. One dawn, he found a lovely lotus with wonderful smell, so he went in ate, then roll his body inside with the intend of taking the smell back to his mate. Then gathered what he could in his cheek and ready to fly home but the lotus (unknown to him, it was a night lotus) closed the petals under the sunshine and locked him inside. At the mean time, his mate and babies were in a forest fire and she waited for her partner who never came, she had to abandon the chicks and flew away with a broken heart. Then night fall, the lotus opened and he rushed out to the family just to find her mad and never believed his story. She swore not to meet him again and would not talk to any male in next life and jumped into the fire to her death. Devastated, he swore to meet her in every life and asked that he could make her understand in one of the lives and jumped into the fire to his death also.

The story continues about their next lives.

References picture were used and airbrush spats was used for the background, thanks to the owner of the airbrush spats.

Any comment and advice is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sleeping in Lotus.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	48629  

Such a sweet gentle painting Jasmine. I enjoyed the story very much which gave great insight into other cultures
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Very very nice Jasmine and love the story

Thnaks to both of you Pat and Coops.

I find the greatest books on earth are scriptures of religions, I am fortunate to be able to read several languages and exposed to many cultures and religions.

I do feel that I tell too long stories sometimes.

Fantastic, though sad, tale and watercolor painting!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

beautiful
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Beautiful job, very nice.

Thanks so much to all of you. I prefer water color but somehow the digital one makes me stumble a lot, have not learned how to control the wetness, etc. yet.

Thanks again.