ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Jo Ann Worley

Jo Ann Worley

do you remember her in Rowan and Martin's Laugh in ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jon, you are reminding me of how old I am lol yes again, I do remember her and very nice carcature

Excellent... a very nice representive caricature of this loveable comedian....

Tips?

I enjoy your caricatures. Economy of line, but great likenesses. Any tips for others interested in likeness in caricature? For instance what to you look for to caricature? Head shape? One feature? I've seen many great caricatures in magazines and on the web, but there doesn't seem to be a universal set of "rules" for caricature. Some artists can make the nose twice the size of the rest of the head and still achieve a likeness. I've never been able to figure it out.

Great one, the likeness is outstanding.

I love looking at these Jon, this one again is great
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank you all once again for your kind comments
    mikecur I am very pleased that you like the caricatures . I try to keep the drawings as simple as possible mainly because I find it difficult to produce the kind of realistic finishes that some artists do ( see Hanzz@s work here on the forum as he is one of the best) and also I cant keep the concentration needed.
    I tend to start by looking at the basic head shape to see if it can be exagerated.Then look at the face itself...big nose , large eyes etc with Jo Ann it was easy ..big eyes and big mouth.....I try not to put things in just for the sake of it...ie if the person doesn't have a prominent nose then dont draw one.etc..
    i also tend to do rough sketches then leave them and go back to them later to see if they are recognisable...hope this makes sense and it helps...
    the only way really is like everything else..keep practicing..good luck

Sorry I don't know her neither, but she looks a pleasant and witty actress I'd say ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar you are right she is pleasant and witty...