Thread: Unable to update to 2.2.9

Unable to update to 2.2.9

Hi, I have downloaded the update with the updater and also manually but when it comes to install, it says I do not have admin rights to change the files. Now my windows account is an admin account the directory and sub-directory's are not flagged as read only. Anyone else had this problem?.

Help would be appreciated

Gallery
    View images
    Send an email to support@artrage.com with details on what Operating system and version you're running on, with exact details of the error messages you're getting, and we'll work through the problem with you.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    I've just got exactly the same problem after purchasing v2.2.8 and then being told there was an update but that I was denied from having it!

Installed as a Windows XP user in Administrator group, then the updater tells me that "AR2license.txt" could not be modified because I need to log in as the Administrator (or the user who installed ArtRage - which I am).

I tried various things like uninstalling/reinstalling, and then was told that I'd tried to run the update too many times today and had to wait till tomorrow. (Which normally would be a good spam-saving feature, but in this case is just irritating)

I've sent off an email to support, but if this is a common problem then there should probably be an answer somewhere in the forum, and by now I'd be playing with a shiny new 2.2.9, instead of waiting for an email reply. Boo...

Gallery
    View images
    I'm just going through emails at the moment, but here's something which may help both of you. There's some info on this on our FAQ page regarding updating. ( www.ambientdesign.com/artragefaq.html )

If you're having problems updating for any reason, you can just go to the support page at www.ambientdesign.com/ar2support.html , click on the top question and enter your details in order to receive an email with a download link to the latest full installer. Then you can just install the latest version without needing to download and apply an update.

MooMisterCow - If you try the steps above, you will be able to download the latest version. I've sent you an email regarding this and also reset your registration key for you. Let me know if I can be of further help!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks, I got the email, and managed (easily!) to download the latest version.

I actually found this page yesterday but received no automated email back when I entered my details (possibly because by then I'd already tried to get the update more than 3 times and it had blocked me?).

Anyway, today it all worked, so anyone reading this who has similar problems, I advise you to try this method _before_ repetatively trying to make the automatic upload work and banning yourself!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for letting us know, great news! I reset your key for you before the day was up, so that's why you would have been able to download again.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design